Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rear view
Michelle

Rear view

Hello,
I'm about to order my Evoque Very Happy but I'm a bit worried about the rear view. Have any of you found this is a problem?
I was thinking of getting the blind spot monitoring, do you find this useful for those who have it?
Thanks for your replies.

Ordered 8th march: SD4 Prestige auto, Fuji, panoramic roof, Cirrus/lunar interior, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, Nav,heated front seats
Delivery: 6th December!
06-03-2012 05:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kimv

RE: Rear view

Blind spot monitoring or rear view camera?

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
06-03-2012 05:34pm
Donny Dog

(06-03-2012 05:31pm)Michelle Wrote:  Hello,
I'm about to order my Evoque Very Happy but I'm a bit worried about the rear view. Have any of you found this is a problem?
I was thinking of getting the blind spot monitoring, do you find this useful for those who have it?
Thanks for your replies.

Just collected a five-door today, and found the rear view a lot better than I expected and no bother in traffic (and I use my rear view mirror a LOT!). I've got blind spot monitoring, but didn't need/notice it. I've got rear-view camera, though, which I think will be essential for reversing, as the view isn't great for that.
06-03-2012 05:34pm
Michelle

Lucky Donny Dog!!!!! how I envy you! Thanks for the answer.

Yes I do mean Blind spot monitoring. Rear view camera is a must I think.
06-03-2012 05:44pm
Big G

(06-03-2012 05:44pm)Michelle Wrote:  Lucky Donny Dog!!!!! how I envy you! Thanks for the answer.

Yes I do mean Blind spot monitoring. Rear view camera is a must I think.

+1 for Rear View camera - really essential IMO.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
06-03-2012 06:30pm
Token

Agree that rear camera is a must...many will say you don't need it, but if a dog or small child suddenly ran behond you when reversing, you'd have no chance of seeing them without the camera.

You don't need the blind-spot monitoring, but I must admit I have grown to quite like it.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
06-03-2012 06:49pm
Daigriff

Yes reversing camera is very useful but I still use my wing mirrors first then just have a quick look at reversing camera to make sure nothing is there.

Rear visibility is not great but I don't find it a problem.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
06-03-2012 07:04pm
EVO PUNDITT

Yes reversing camera a must , you will need it .Not sure about B/S monitoring. But without it has not caused any problems for me.

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
06-03-2012 07:12pm
Mag1c_dragon

Rarely use my rear window! The big mirror help with rear visibility and I am pretty happy I chose the surround camera Smile I have to stretch to see over the wing mirror sometimes, but haven't felt the need to have blind spot monitoring

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
06-03-2012 07:53pm
Claud

Blind spot monitoring works wells on the M25 where cars creep up on both sides, it generates an audible alarm as well as a visible sign in the mirror if you attempt a lane manoeuvre with a vehicle close to your tail.

I have never felt the the small screen has hampered on road visibility, but I do appreciate the rear view camera for parking.

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
06-03-2012 10:05pm