babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon (/Thread-LAND-ROVER-EXPERIENCE-Wessington-Farm-in-Devon)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - QUATTROMAN - 05-10-2011 08:39pm

(05-10-2011 08:31pm)Acwats Wrote:  
(05-10-2011 08:21pm)pureevoque Wrote:  Your in a bar on holiday counting spelling mistakes

Confused

I'll save Mark the trouble.. You mean: "You're" not "your". 7/10 Laughing

LMFAO...Tongue Out

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - pureevoque - 05-10-2011 08:42pm

I hope that's arse not ass

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - QUATTROMAN - 05-10-2011 08:51pm

You lot remind me of the Hyenas in Lion King just waiting to pounce if some one slips up ....Good One ..and Mark_n have a drink on me ...make it an Orange Juice ..

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - cutter7 - 05-10-2011 08:58pm

Lets hope he moves on to the 'Sangria' and makes a right old ladies front garden of himself!..Embarrassed

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - KaDargo - 06-10-2011 02:09pm

Did the experience at Luton yesterday - didn't realise a car would still work at those angles Laughing

Fantastic day - also found out how Planet Rock on DAB at 825W sounded (from 100m - safest distance :shockSmile - the instructor said they left them all set to that as a demo !!!

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - Spiderman - 06-10-2011 02:41pm

Every LR owner should do a LR Experience at least once as it provides an insight into the breadth of their cars capabilities, more importantly for most it will also inspire confidence in your cars abilities come the fast approaching wintertime....so dont think these days are all geared around offroading, for the mudplugging set, they are not...they are geared towards demonstrating and helping you understand the technologies in your Evoques and what the Terrain Reponse settings achieve and what happens/when you should use them, how HDC works, what to do when you loose traction etc.

So, if you haven't booked yet, get a free LR experience Voucher from your Dealer & sign up for this very informative and beneficial 1/2 days training. You can also take 1 guest along to share the experience with.

It's also hugely enjoyable, whether you are into cars or not, and the experience should help to keep you much safer on the roads come wintertime too!

Very Happy

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - XFullFatTim - 06-10-2011 04:03pm

If you can afford the time and the additional cost upgrading to the full day Land Rover Experience is a great special treat as you don't stick to the training grounds or local tarred roads, most of the LRE's will take you off into the wilds for a couple of hours where you can put what you have learned into the morning into practise without an instructor sitting beside you, he either leads the way or follows on behind. I echo Spiderman's comments about going on a course, it isn't all mud plugging and rock scrambling and you use their cars not your own.

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - rchrdleigh - 06-10-2011 04:18pm

Fully endorse the previous comments about LR Experience. Even the 1/2 day Experience is well worth doing and will give you around 3 hours in the vehicle you choose.

Start off with a short H&S brief, a presentation on LR technology and theory of off-road driving. Then introduction to the vehicle, short demonstration drive by the instructor to showcase the vehicles capabilities and then you get to drive for the rest of the session.

For the Evoque I believe it is mandated that you do both on road and off road to show you the true capabilities of the vehicle.

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - XFullFatTim - 06-10-2011 04:25pm

RRS used to be the same - customers had specifically to be taken on-road to demo things like adaptive cruise control and the Dynamic setting on the TR. At one stage LR ran a series of LRE's that were mainly on-road training at Gaydon on their high speed test track - buyers had the option of a day there fighting it out in a FFRR or RRS against Jaguars and Aston Martins out high speed testing. It was there that I learned what DSC could really do to save the day on a skid pan, and what happens if you choose to switch it off................................. all under instruction in their car, which makes it very reassuring.

RE: LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE Wessington Farm in Devon - QUATTROMAN - 08-10-2011 12:16am

Just a quick picture of Land Rover Experience day vehicles...Evoque (Prestige SD 4 Auto) was only 2 days old..