babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: How do I know if I've got adaptive headlights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As above really. I have the dark black edition headlights ( Vb) on a sept 2013. Would these be adaptive and how do you tell?
if the headlight beam follows the road on bends you have adaptive. or you can check it out on topix.
Can't seem to get topix to work? I've registered but still doesn't work. Do you have to pay for topixs? I need some wiring diagrams for the headlights. Would topix give me these?
(30-01-2016 08:22pm)Nickj Wrote: [ -> ]Can't seem to get topix to work? I've registered but still doesn't work. Do you have to pay for topixs? I need some wiring diagrams for the headlights. Would topix give me these?
dont have to pay topix for basic info ie your car build and extras fitted at factory. you will need to put in your vin number. dont recon you will get diagrams though.Smile
Can you do this without registering? I've registered but had no email and can't seem to find where you put your vin?
(30-01-2016 10:47pm)Nickj Wrote: [ -> ]Can you do this without registering? I've registered but had no email and can't seem to find where you put your vin?

open topix and log in at top of page then you will need the vin number to sign in . you vehicle features are listed on the left. along from vehicle features there is a printer decal then another decal to the right of the printer one . click on this and the full list will appear. you can print it off. Smile your adaptive headlights should bee listed there.
(30-01-2016 10:53pm)bee Wrote: [ -> ]open topix and log in at top of page then you will need the vin number to sign in . you vehicle features are listed on the left. along from vehicle features there is a printer decal then another decal to the right of the printer one . click on this and the full list will appear. you can print it off. Smile your adaptive headlights should bee listed there.

Probably being thick, but when you say log in, what do you mean? I've requested to register but get no email, so how do I log in?
(30-01-2016 11:03pm)Nickj Wrote: [ -> ]Probably being thick, but when you say log in, what do you mean? I've requested to register but get no email, so how do I log in?
its a while since i registered, cant remember if i got an email. its my age. anyway you need to register a username and password before you can enter the site. login is at top of the page- good luck.Confused
There is a simple and more apparrant way to see if you have adaptives. Go somewhere dark like a multistorey carpark and switch on the lights, at less than 30mph either a) switch on the indicator and look to see if a small spotlight comes on illumiating the curbside or b) at less than 30mph in the dark turn the steering wheel either way more than half lock and again you should see the curb illuminating light come on. I'm not sure (as I have never tried it) if you can also trigger the spot light with the car stopped and the lights on and turn the wheel, at least then you can get out to see which lamp comes on!
(01-02-2016 09:48pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]There is a simple and more apparrant way to see if you have adaptives. ..... a) switch on the indicator and look to see if a small spotlight comes on illumiating the curbside
I'm sure you know Tim... but that's not the adaptive lights, that's the corner assist. Smile

Adaptive swivel the headlights themselves as you turn, so wiggle the steering wheel to watch if the main beam itself moves (it should).
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's