babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Daytime Running taillights - again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Last night driving home in the dark I came up behind not one but two cars driving with only front DRL's on and no rear lights at all............ It would appear that the owners of these cars had no idea that their cars were almost invisible from behind and had no idea that because you have DRL's doesn't mean your full running lights are all on.
Time for car makers or the "nanny state" to step in and save us all from the idiots on the road. What I find annoying is that these people also cannot ever be looking at their dashboard to see that there are no lights illuminating it............. too busy on the phone, chatting to their passenger or just dozzy? Evoque has a quite bright green light that comes on to indicate that the main running lights are on, I'm sure that 100% of other car makers also have some form of light to indicate that headlights are switched on too. Maybe a few court appearances for driving without due care and attention are in order. It would also help if car makers make rear lights come on in daytime too, even though there is no legal requirement to fit them there are several car makers out there that do fit them.
yep, still a major failure
I take the point that at night when the main lights are on you should notice the green "lights on" symbol.

But when you're new to daylight running lights, and your on your very first trip out at night and because the dash lights (speedo, revs etc are lit) it is possible to think all lights are on. (this never happened in any other car I've ever owned until side/head lights were actually turned on) As the car behind me on my first trip out very kindly pointed out that this is not the case. Shocked
What I would like to see done is to stop this possibility ever happening, is that even with DLR's on, the gauges etc don't light up giving you a false sense of security.

Yours dozzy.
Dozzy (lol), put your lights on automatic, problem solved.
Stadt, I think the original posters point was that people are driving around thinking their lights are on when in fact it's just the DRL's at the front, so he was proposing DLR's at the rear as well as standard.

So if people are not turning their lights on who have DLR's in the first place what's to say they can't remember/don't know to turn another (auto) switch on that reminds them that there lights will come on automatically. Laughing

Surely the human factor is problem here, and not the need for extra DLR's or remembering to turn switches onto auto.
It's a crazy idea but how about when dayllight/ambient light reduces to a set level a sensor turns the main lights on automatically, eliminating the need for extra DLR's ,switches to turn and human error.
Oh! that's right the technology already exists Rolling Eyes
(16-10-2014 11:32am)RREVO Wrote: [ -> ]Oh! that's right the technology already exists Rolling Eyes

All yours sir, for only £600 Laughing
I never understand why DRLs are front only
I'm getting good at remembering to switch my lights, this is the first LR I've had that hasn't had them, my Disco Sport doesn't have them, it's not even a spec able option on the SE. I'm not sure if it has LED DRLs or they horrid yellow looking ones like the current Disco has.
Because people will run the car day and night on DRL's instead of using cars headlights and tail lights.
Don't leave your lights on Auto in Daytime Fog though...

Also DRL's are obviously too bright as they need dimming to see the indicator... d'oh!

Why we didn't just have Side lights on all the time the car is running is beyond me. That's front and rear, and not blinding DRL's in the mirror of the driver in-front of you... Have you ever had an Evoque behind you when in a normal height small car! Thank god for dimmable mirrors!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's