babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Daytime Running taillights - again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(16-10-2014 09:09pm)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]Don't leave your lights on Auto in Daytime Fog though...

Also DRL's are obviously too bright as they need dimming to see the indicator... d'oh!

Why we didn't just have Side lights on all the time the car is running is beyond me. That's front and rear, and not blinding DRL's in the mirror of the driver in-front of you... Have you ever had an Evoque behind you when in a normal height small car! Thank god for dimmable mirrors!

PhilSkill, well said, can I also add what is it with people who constantly pull up at a set of traffic lights (on a level surface) with their foot hard down on the brake pedal, rather than engaging the handbrake (electronic or manual), blooming blinding some of the brake lights on cars today. Shocked
There is a very easy answer to that RREVO, if you use the Stop/Start system you end up dazzling the driver behind you - I'm sure that there is technology out there that can recognise that the Stop/Start is in use and disable the high level and brake lights once the engine has been stopped by the system and turn them back on when the engine restarts.
(16-10-2014 11:32am)RREVO Wrote: [ -> ]Stadt, I think the original posters point was that people are driving around thinking their lights are on when in fact it's just the DRL's at the front, so he was proposing DLR's at the rear as well as standard.

So if people are not turning their lights on who have DLR's in the first place what's to say they can't remember/don't know to turn another (auto) switch on that reminds them that there lights will come on automatically. Laughing

Surely the human factor is problem here, and not the need for extra DLR's or remembering to turn switches onto auto.
It's a crazy idea but how about when dayllight/ambient light reduces to a set level a sensor turns the main lights on automatically, eliminating the need for extra DLR's ,switches to turn and human error.
Oh! that's right the technology already exists Rolling Eyes

I have the "automatic" setting for my lights, so I never really think about it. It's really amazing how technology has made driving easier; unfortunately for some drivers, their brains haven't kept the pace. Happy motoring everyone.
(17-10-2014 09:04am)markdartj Wrote: [ -> ]I have the "automatic" setting for my lights, so I never really think about it. It's really amazing how technology has made driving easier; unfortunately for some drivers, their brains haven't kept the pace. Happy motoring everyone.

+1
+1
+1
+1

And the more the car does automatically, the less people engage their Brain!

[attachment=4124]
(17-10-2014 08:37pm)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]And the more the car does automatically, the less people engage their Brain!

+1
Followd a new Disco Sport today and it looked like it had rear DRL's, the fronts were on DRL's ( no other lights on ) and when it went past the rear lights were on. Thought maybe it had just turned on his lights, so I went past it again to see just the DRL's on the front.
Maybe they've actualy listened and now have the rears as well ?
Was it a RH driver or a Left Hand - some markets in Europe require rear DRL's as well as front. Don't quote me on this but IIRC both Poland and Sweden require rear DRL's
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's