babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Are you a conquest sale?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
A spot of market research here.................... LR expects that 80% of the buyers of the Evoque will be conquest sales from other marques/ brands.
So basically are you coming to the Evoque having NEVER owned a Land Rover or Range Rover before
Having always had hot hatches, the time came for something a little bigger to accomodate the dogs and the occasional kids in the back and the evoque ticked every box for us.
we havent ordered yet but going in saturday to pay our deposit, aiming for a 1st march pickup fingers crossed.
Never ever considered a LR or RR. Have always liked the look of the disco and RR but major concerns over build quality, reliability and ownership costs have kept me away. However following the launch of the LRX I said I'd have one...just hope my concerns wont materialise.
Yep this will be the first RR I have owned although I drive a RR most days as I have use of my dads!
I was in Range Rovers from 1984 to 2009, and then sneaked over to Aston Martin for 2 years. I'm returning to the foldTwisted Evil.
Loved the AstonVery Happy, but pretty impractical as an everyday carShocked, so the Evoque will be daily driver for a few years nowLaughing.
ANT
Conquest sale from BMW convertible. But to be fair I was thinking of a more practical car but have chosen the Evoque over a new Q5. If BMW had their 3ltr diel in the new X3 I might have been tempted but its looks put me off.
Conquest sale as have had german cars for the last 15 years
Have always owned Sports Cars then went to a Vogue...sold that due to fuel prices continuing to increase and 20mpg not being acceptable. Move to an A5...and hate it.

Once you've owned a Range Rover, nothing will ever make the grade. I will forever now have a Range Rover. I hope the Evoque lives up to the Vogue standards...if not, I will bite the bullet an buy a Vogue again.
I've had 7 BM'S on the trot and after the last two bad winters, i need a vehicle that will keep me going for 12 months and not 10-11 because it's crap in the snow being RWD, and sat on the drive!

I'm looking forward to a really bad winter so that Mr Fuji can show me what he's all about when the going gets tough on and off road. i know i will miss the power of my 3.0 straight six, twin turbo, but i'll soon know if i've made the right decision!! Confused
First decent snow sorts the good from the even better!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's