babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Are you a conquest sale?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(25-08-2011 01:48pm)FullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]The only problem is when there is ice on the roads.............. 4WD won't stop you any faster than any other car on ice, even with the TR, the laws of physics still apply on ice unless you have an illegal set of studded tyres!

Very true this FFT..

I live out in the country and used to get abuse for not going out in ice when I had the FFRR...people just didn't get it! Better off in a small front wheel drive car on narrow tyres than an out of control 2.5 ton Beast with nigh boots!!
(25-08-2011 10:07am)FullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]A spot of market research here.................... LR expects that 80% of the buyers of the Evoque will be conquest sales from other marques/ brands.
So basically are you coming to the Evoque having NEVER owned a Land Rover or Range Rover before

I think my forum name will answer this one!

I lose my virginity on November 9th hopefully...
only ever driven Land Rover...from the age of 11 at home to today. May they reign supreme...though I think they are losing the plot a bit!
coming from a 2009 fiat bravo, so good upgrade for me, though i was contemplating the Audi Q5 but here in Gibraltar, way more expensive, starting £35k for basic 2.0 tdi SE (140ps).
Coming from an Audi, my Evoque started off as a Defender for the Mrs as I had a C-Class Coupe on order and when the Defender didn't work out, Trevor at Stratstone in Cupar told us about the Evoque. We had already read about it but thought it would be scary money but it wasn't. Merc got ditched and the Evoque arrives in December.

Sorry JM Weir in Perth, one Merc in the family is enough......
All I would say to those new to the brand...Like most Brands there are good and bad dealers... if your not happy with your dealer give your business elsewhere to a dealer that goes the extra mile for you ( there are some ace ones out there)... the Brand is good,but there are few scary dealers out there that could spoil your experience but dont let them.....
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's