babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Daytime Running Lights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Does anyone know what the Evoque DRLs look like? Saw a cuurrent FFRR and on that, they are like a pearl necklace, rather too bling. I'm hoping the RRE DRLs will be a little more restrained.

Any info or pictures?
<------------
or more clearly....
Thank you. I notice that switching them on and off is one of the dealer settings. Still surprises me that something so apparently simple is dealer-only.
How are they out of the factory? On at all times?
On at all times? No toggle switch? Oh bother...
(14-08-2011 05:21am)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you. I notice that switching them on and off is one of the dealer settings. Still surprises me that something so apparently simple is dealer-only.

That could be a problem for Tim. 900 round mile trip, each time he wants to drive at night time. Laughing
Won't it depend on your country's legal requirements? Here in the UK, DLR are required so I would presume that they will be 'on' at delivery. As for other countries, who knows.
IIRC, since Feb 1st this year all new cars in the UK have been required to have DRL's, they cannot be switched off. Some makers appear to flout the rules over what is a DRL by utilising foglights - names that spring to mind - Mercedes, Porsche, Skoda which all have their DRL's in the position of foglamps and IMHO they are also (especially in the case of Skoda) way brighter than necessary.
DRL's are also required throughout the EU as it was their stupid rules that brought them in for the entire Union, the rest of the world is as CJFP says "market dependent" so if you are in Brunei or Bangladesh, USA or UAE then you may have to get the dealer to enable them in your market doesn't require them by law.
It's only cars which have gone through type approval since February which are required to have permanently on DRLs - existing cars in production are not. Difficult to know when the RRE obtained Type Approval, I would have thought before this date.In any case, it doesn't look like they can be switched off by the user.
do you know if the fog lights fitted to the evoque are led as well?
Just checked the configurator they are led......how many will you be seeing with drl's and fog lights on???how do other manufacturers get away with having drl's where the fog lights used to be legal wise?as its illegal to use fog lights when visability is good
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's