babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Si4 Depreciation in the UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Ouch, this is an 18 month old car that would have cost almost £50k if it was delivered at launch time.......
http://www.ccsales.co.uk/land-rover-rang...re-2743818

Crying
I think that shows the danger of blinged up and big petrol cars these days, they're not desirable beyong the person putting the personal bling on it.
Isn't that about right then? The more expensive models will suffer more wont they?
If its accepted that the Evoque in general will retain less than 50% after three years then 30% depreciation in 18 months is about right as the first couple years will take the biggest hit. But yes, ouch!
And it's Fuji, loads of them aroundWinkShocked
i think the bigger hit is that its a coupe (sorry Tim) but from what I've seen and heard the second hand demand is heavily biased to the 5 doors. That particular car also has highish mileage (19k) so he's got a triple wammy of Si4/Coupe/Mileage. Find an equivalent 5 door with half the mileage and I bet it would be £40k+
And the interior isn't everyone's cup of tea - I had a red and black leather interior in my white MGF way back ... but wouldn't want it now.
I think the biggest damage to it's value was the non-standard painting, it doesn't look right on a Fuji and will be a nightmare to keep tar free come summertime and road repairing season
I hadn't actually noticed the 'extra' paintwork, but now you mention it .... and is it me, the way the photo is or ... but the 'extra' bits don't actually look quite the same shade of white as the rest?

And it makes me like the car even less - not fond on flat white as it is (sorry), less so on the pearl whites (Mrs T's Toyota is Glacier Pearl and looks lovely in the sun), but that is just too much white.
(15-04-2013 01:04pm)heronb Wrote: [ -> ]And it's Fuji, loads of them aroundWinkShocked

That applies to all colours now, particularly White/Grey/Black, and recently Firenze, even saw a Colima lime today... Smile
Looks like I sold mine just at the right time!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's