babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Si4 Depreciation in the UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(15-04-2013 05:05pm)PhilSkill Wrote: [ -> ]That applies to all colours now, particularly White/Grey/Black, and recently Firenze, even saw a Colima lime today... Smile

Now you didn't mention Ipanema, thats the future (well it's mine anyway).Wink

To be serious for a second -
There are a lot of white cars around and they are very popular (rightly so, the Evoque looks great in it), but this popularity was one reason I didn't go for Fuji as I like something different.

The OP paint job does look iffy to my eyes and the mods have limitted the mass appeal.
Smile I have one Ipanema, a Galway Green and a Buckingham Blue locally, that I generally see regularly, Mauritius (now defunct I believe) is the rarest beast for me!

I agree there are some cars that just should not be white, it's being done to death (again) Sadly, and will go out of fashion (again), I still remember the last time it was in fashion with my Toyota Celica in the 80/90's! Another car white really suited I remember having nearly the only White car on the road, other than Transits! Laughing
XR3 and XR2 both also really suited white, but FFRR and Disco3-4 IMHO do not look good in white. I have always wanted a white Defender but they are really difficult to get hold of and are usually a special order at the factory despite it being a standard colour. Most white ones seem to go to export.
My first BMW 3 series bought secondhand in 1996 was white and was consequently £500 cheaper than other colours as white was NOT the colour to have then
Thing is, there are some really nice looking whites out there with different manufacturers. My Mrs Toyota in Glacier Pearl is stunning in the sun, as it has lots of glittery bits in it and it colour shifts - it's not just flat white.

I was not impressed with the LR white as it looks just too flat and, well, white. And you always get those nasty dark streaks down from the handles and trim where the dirt flushes down....
Honda's championship white is the best white, shame they tend not to sell cars in that colour in the uk.
I was at the Pride Of Longbridge Rally on Saturday & there was an All White 1987 MG Metro Turbo there which were pretty common back in the day ( I had a new one in 87) & it still looked good & not out of place.
Back in the 80's I had a white 1600 MG Maestro that quite rapidly changed colour to a sort of white with patchy brown and crumbly bits on!

That car was a complete git and needed tuning every 6 months (two coupled twin-choke carbs) but was quite cool in its day as it had a digital dash and voice announcements for things like low fuel ...

Bet there aren't many of those left in the world now.
(16-04-2013 10:12pm)The Valeter Wrote: [ -> ]I was at the Pride Of Longbridge Rally on Saturday & there was an All White 1987 MG Metro Turbo there which were pretty common back in the day ( I had a new one in 87) & it still looked good & not out of place.

Remember them well. Ours was silver which was the only other option for the Turbo IIRC.
(16-04-2013 10:12pm)The Valeter Wrote: [ -> ]I was at the Pride Of Longbridge Rally on Saturday & there was an All White 1987 MG Metro Turbo there which were pretty common back in the day ( I had a new one in 87) & it still looked good & not out of place.

Hi Valeter, many of the Rover BRM Guys there?
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's