babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: MotorTrend: Audi Allroad vs. BMW X1 vs. Range Rover Evoque
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hmm... their SUV of the year beat by X1 and the A4 all-road... Sad seems like as time passes journalist loose interest in the Evoque:

Noisier and less comfortable then X1?! That is bad...

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs...er_evoque/
"A vehicle is not judged against the other vehicles present, but rather on how it stacks up against its performance of intended function."
and the next sentence: "In comparisons like this, vehicles are evaluated with very specific missions in mind. They are fighting against each other."

And then: "For its tire slap and road and wind noise, the Evoque was judged the loudest of the group."
OK, so no judging / measured against the other?

Or did I miss something?
These guys are biased and Im from the US. How can a car that won car of the year last year that beat the BMW loss to the BMW this year. The editors are very bias towards the German cars. They always have and will always be.
I think they are fair comments, the ride is very hard In the Evoque, that is something I wasn't expecting but can live with!
Pictures show their Evoque was NOT fitted with Adaptive Dynamics which is a shame. As we all know, it transforms the ride comfort, and that would have helped trounce the opposition in this area.
(05-03-2013 09:19am)THEMACS Wrote: [ -> ]I think they are fair comments, the ride is very hard In the Evoque, that is something I wasn't expecting but can live with!

Not compared to my previous Audi A5 sport it isnt
(05-03-2013 02:00pm)speary Wrote: [ -> ]Not compared to my previous Audi A5 sport it isnt

Nor my current 335i Msport Coupe!
Before the Evoque I drove the A4 Allroad for 3 years. That was a very good car, in all aspects. It didn't have the appeal of the Evoque, but I still miss it every day...
The Audi has air suspension so it's going to win hands down on ride comfort, not necessarily on road performance as air suspended cars do tend to roll a bit more than conventionally sprung cars. The FFRR's and RRS's had a feather bed ride and you hardly ever noticed a pot hole unles it was a monster, but none of them went round corners like my Evoque does, even the cars with the trick electro-hydraulic Dynamic Response handling pack couldn't hold a candle to the Evoque in that respect
The A4 has conventional coil springs/shocks Tim. Seems an odd vehicle to include in the test though - maybe none of the testers fancied the pug-ugly Q3?

Whilst we (me especially) grumble about LR quality it's interesting to note that some Q3s are experiencing incurable front end vibration with a certain engine/transmission combination and Audi are just quietly offering a refund of the purchase price/swap to another model.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's