Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MotorTrend: Audi Allroad vs. BMW X1 vs. Range Rover Evoque
Gorjan

MotorTrend: Audi Allroad vs. BMW X1 vs. Range Rover Evoque

Hmm... their SUV of the year beat by X1 and the A4 all-road... Sad seems like as time passes journalist loose interest in the Evoque:

Noisier and less comfortable then X1?! That is bad...

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs...er_evoque/

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2013 09:23pm by Gorjan.)
04-03-2013 09:21pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Biker

RE: MotorTrend: Audi Allroad vs. BMW X1 vs. Range Rover Evoque

"A vehicle is not judged against the other vehicles present, but rather on how it stacks up against its performance of intended function."
and the next sentence: "In comparisons like this, vehicles are evaluated with very specific missions in mind. They are fighting against each other."

And then: "For its tire slap and road and wind noise, the Evoque was judged the loudest of the group."
OK, so no judging / measured against the other?

Or did I miss something?

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
04-03-2013 09:37pm
slee18

These guys are biased and Im from the US. How can a car that won car of the year last year that beat the BMW loss to the BMW this year. The editors are very bias towards the German cars. They always have and will always be.

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
05-03-2013 01:41am
THEMACS

I think they are fair comments, the ride is very hard In the Evoque, that is something I wasn't expecting but can live with!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
05-03-2013 09:19am
benzina

Pictures show their Evoque was NOT fitted with Adaptive Dynamics which is a shame. As we all know, it transforms the ride comfort, and that would have helped trounce the opposition in this area.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
05-03-2013 01:16pm
speary

(05-03-2013 09:19am)THEMACS Wrote:  I think they are fair comments, the ride is very hard In the Evoque, that is something I wasn't expecting but can live with!

Not compared to my previous Audi A5 sport it isnt

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
05-03-2013 02:00pm
THEMACS

(05-03-2013 02:00pm)speary Wrote:  Not compared to my previous Audi A5 sport it isnt

Nor my current 335i Msport Coupe!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
05-03-2013 02:08pm
leonvh

Before the Evoque I drove the A4 Allroad for 3 years. That was a very good car, in all aspects. It didn't have the appeal of the Evoque, but I still miss it every day...
06-03-2013 12:38pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The Audi has air suspension so it's going to win hands down on ride comfort, not necessarily on road performance as air suspended cars do tend to roll a bit more than conventionally sprung cars. The FFRR's and RRS's had a feather bed ride and you hardly ever noticed a pot hole unles it was a monster, but none of them went round corners like my Evoque does, even the cars with the trick electro-hydraulic Dynamic Response handling pack couldn't hold a candle to the Evoque in that respect

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
06-03-2013 01:20pm
Straydox

The A4 has conventional coil springs/shocks Tim. Seems an odd vehicle to include in the test though - maybe none of the testers fancied the pug-ugly Q3?

Whilst we (me especially) grumble about LR quality it's interesting to note that some Q3s are experiencing incurable front end vibration with a certain engine/transmission combination and Audi are just quietly offering a refund of the purchase price/swap to another model.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
07-03-2013 12:42am