babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Quickclear.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well -4c at 6:30 this morning.

Quickclear front windscreen did exactly what it says on the tin. Solidly frozen screen cleared in minutes.

Happy chappy.

My next door neighbour was running his van for over 20 mins before he drove off!
I think they should be a legal requirement on the grounds of safety. Fords patent runs out this year so who knows!
(16-01-2013 09:17am)cjh Wrote: [ -> ]I think they should be a legal requirement on the grounds of safety. Fords patent runs out this year so who knows!

It is already a legal requirement that you can see out of your windscreen before driving off. The method of clearing is irrelevant, its just that if you can afford it you can clear it quicker. Not everybody can afford to pay to clear their screen 2 mins sooner than everybody else.
Also I have noticed on the heated screen on my wifes Focus that there is a really annoying sparkle effect in low sun and night time street lights caused by the heating elements in the screen
Problem is people dont clear their screens properly and drive off looking though a tiny clear bit. plus deicer tends to make the screen mist up on the inside a few minutes after you drive off. Both my wifes Fiesta and my old Kuga had quickclear screens & personally I was glad my Evoque could use the techology as Ford once had a stake in RR.
Forget large wheels, powered tailgates and fancy stereo systems; the quick clear screen is the best option a car can have, it would be at the top of my list every time.
Tim
(16-01-2013 09:51am)cjh Wrote: [ -> ]Problem is people dont clear their screens properly and drive off looking though a tiny clear bit. plus deicer tends to make the screen mist up on the inside a few minutes after you drive off. Both my wifes Fiesta and my old Kuga had quickclear screens & personally I was glad my Evoque could use the techology as Ford once had a stake in RR.

I give people who don't clear all their car windows a wide berth. You quite often see cars with either a small bit of the windscreen clear and nothing else touched, which is just stupid IMO.

You're also supposed to clear snow from all surfaces of your car before driving off and you are supposed to de-ice all windows to ensure all round visibility.

I’d like to see heaters in all car glass, but I don't know how much power that would use.
I always clear ALL windows - but I also find it surprising when people say 'oh yes, I scrape everything' but forget the lights!! Laughing
Excuse my ignorance - is quickclear the same a a heated screen or something else. Is it standard or an option?
(16-01-2013 01:59pm)Big G Wrote: [ -> ]Excuse my ignorance - is quickclear the same a a heated screen or something else. Is it standard or an option?

Its the same and it is a cost option
Quickclear front screens are great but are a real hazard if you operate them at night when they distort things badly. They are good in freezing fog as well but they do use a lot of power and operate on a timer so you cannot eave them switched on all the time, pity that the powers that be at Ford haven't got round to fitting an auto on sensor so when the screen surface drops belw a certain temperature it heats up. We have had heated windows on ship's bridges for donkeys years, and hotwaterbottle jets to clean the glass of salt spray. Even have a compressed air line running into the washer rail on the last two ships and ths one to blow remaining water out of the water pipes in cold weather sothey cannot freeze up!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's