Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quickclear.
Evo-king

Quickclear.

Well -4c at 6:30 this morning.

Quickclear front windscreen did exactly what it says on the tin. Solidly frozen screen cleared in minutes.

Happy chappy.

My next door neighbour was running his van for over 20 mins before he drove off!

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
16-01-2013 09:07am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjh

RE: Quickclear.

I think they should be a legal requirement on the grounds of safety. Fords patent runs out this year so who knows!

Ordered Oct 2012: Dynamic SD4, Firenze Red, Indus Pano, Gloss black strata, Ebony headlining
Aeroflip, Verve interior, Keyless entry, Powered Tailgate, Surround cameras, High beam assist, Heated steering wheel
16-01-2013 09:17am
speary

(16-01-2013 09:17am)cjh Wrote:  I think they should be a legal requirement on the grounds of safety. Fords patent runs out this year so who knows!

It is already a legal requirement that you can see out of your windscreen before driving off. The method of clearing is irrelevant, its just that if you can afford it you can clear it quicker. Not everybody can afford to pay to clear their screen 2 mins sooner than everybody else.
Also I have noticed on the heated screen on my wifes Focus that there is a really annoying sparkle effect in low sun and night time street lights caused by the heating elements in the screen

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
16-01-2013 09:36am
cjh

Problem is people dont clear their screens properly and drive off looking though a tiny clear bit. plus deicer tends to make the screen mist up on the inside a few minutes after you drive off. Both my wifes Fiesta and my old Kuga had quickclear screens & personally I was glad my Evoque could use the techology as Ford once had a stake in RR.

Ordered Oct 2012: Dynamic SD4, Firenze Red, Indus Pano, Gloss black strata, Ebony headlining
Aeroflip, Verve interior, Keyless entry, Powered Tailgate, Surround cameras, High beam assist, Heated steering wheel
16-01-2013 09:51am
timhum

Forget large wheels, powered tailgates and fancy stereo systems; the quick clear screen is the best option a car can have, it would be at the top of my list every time.
Tim
16-01-2013 10:17am
MarkLondon

(16-01-2013 09:51am)cjh Wrote:  Problem is people dont clear their screens properly and drive off looking though a tiny clear bit. plus deicer tends to make the screen mist up on the inside a few minutes after you drive off. Both my wifes Fiesta and my old Kuga had quickclear screens & personally I was glad my Evoque could use the techology as Ford once had a stake in RR.

I give people who don't clear all their car windows a wide berth. You quite often see cars with either a small bit of the windscreen clear and nothing else touched, which is just stupid IMO.

You're also supposed to clear snow from all surfaces of your car before driving off and you are supposed to de-ice all windows to ensure all round visibility.

I’d like to see heaters in all car glass, but I don't know how much power that would use.

Arrived Jan 2013 from Hadley Green Arrow Prestige SD4 Manual, Fuji White, Pan Roof, Cirrus/Lunar, Aluminium, Ivory Headliner, A/D, Privacy, Lux Pack, Xenons etc
16-01-2013 10:31am
KaDargo

I always clear ALL windows - but I also find it surprising when people say 'oh yes, I scrape everything' but forget the lights!! Laughing

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
16-01-2013 12:15pm
Big G

Excuse my ignorance - is quickclear the same a a heated screen or something else. Is it standard or an option?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
16-01-2013 01:59pm
speary

(16-01-2013 01:59pm)Big G Wrote:  Excuse my ignorance - is quickclear the same a a heated screen or something else. Is it standard or an option?

Its the same and it is a cost option

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
16-01-2013 03:02pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Quickclear front screens are great but are a real hazard if you operate them at night when they distort things badly. They are good in freezing fog as well but they do use a lot of power and operate on a timer so you cannot eave them switched on all the time, pity that the powers that be at Ford haven't got round to fitting an auto on sensor so when the screen surface drops belw a certain temperature it heats up. We have had heated windows on ship's bridges for donkeys years, and hotwaterbottle jets to clean the glass of salt spray. Even have a compressed air line running into the washer rail on the last two ships and ths one to blow remaining water out of the water pipes in cold weather sothey cannot freeze up!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-01-2013 03:28pm