babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: How to avoid accidental opening of tailgate when enter or leaving the car?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It happened several times, that i or my wife hit the tailgate button with the knee.

On my previous car(honda accord tourer) there was a delay, so you have to press the button for at least a second before the tailgate opened.

Has anybody out there the same problem? Is there a solution to this other than to deactivate the button?
I have indeed hit the button with my knee, usually entering, sometimes exiting, it is annoying but I like having a button so won't disable it.
Use the easy exit feature to move the seat back prior to exiting. Should help knees clear the button.
Get shorter legs.......................... I never have this problem at 5ft 7" tall!
(02-01-2013 11:45am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Get shorter legs.......................... I never have this problem at 5ft 7" tall!

+1, also never had a problem! Laughing
(02-01-2013 05:23am)goldenboi79 Wrote: [ -> ]Use the easy exit feature to move the seat back prior to exiting. Should help knees clear the button.

I think this function only lowers the seat but not back.
I often get the 'tailgate open' warning even if I've not been in the boot.....it didn't occur to me that I'd maybe knocked the button. I've not bothered to use it so far and had forgotten it was there!
(02-01-2013 04:04pm)Bowl Wrote: [ -> ]I think this function only lowers the seat but not back.

Mine also moves the seat back. I'm 6ft 2" and never accidentally opened the tailgate..
Bowl, on my MY13 Prestige it definitely lowers and then moves the seat backwards.
Mine is an MY12 and it doesn't move backwards Sad
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's