babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Alarm behaviour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
In the in dash menu there is a Service menu that you can get to using the steering wheel controls. There is a security item in there that tells you the last time the alarm was triggered and what type it is. A little easier than trying to do Gangnam Style, I think.
(02-01-2013 05:11am)goldenboi79 Wrote: [ -> ]In the in dash menu there is a Service menu that you can get to using the steering wheel controls. There is a security item in there that tells you the last time the alarm was triggered and what type it is. A little easier than trying to do Gangnam Style, I think.
Excellent tip!! ...
It didn't tell me the time, but it said the last trigger was a "Panic Alarm".

Not sure how that helps!, but might explain the difference between the lights flashing or not.
Panic Alarm, is likely the Button on the Keyfob.
indeed.... however, it doesn't explain why it went off at 4.30am Sad (I don't sleep with the keyfob in my pocket Laughing )
Just to bump this again, and I'm only typing this here since the dealer is not answering.
But only 5 minutes ago the alarm went off.
I was inside and had the camera looking at the car on my TV - I hear the alarm, looked outside, nothing there.

Ran outside, no lights, just the siren.
So I switched that off, checked the 'last trigger' and it again said "Panic Alarm".... the key was sitting on the dining room table. WTF Surprised
I have had my new RRE for 8 days today and twice the alarm has gone off in the early hours of the morning without any lights flashing, initially I thought it couldn't be me but it is!! When looking at the settings it says 'Panic Alarm' but the key has been very safely put away - strange Mad I will be phoning RR first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks guys for posting about this - reading the thread has allowed me to understand where to look. Great stuff!
My alarm randomly went off during the first couple of weeks - always in the middle of the night, don't want to tempt fate but it's not done it again, I assume just settling in issue. Hope yours stops too Smile
(02-02-2013 09:21pm)Worzle Wrote: [ -> ]I have had my new RRE for 8 days today and twice the alarm has gone off in the early hours of the morning without any lights flashing, initially I thought it couldn't be me but it is!! When looking at the settings it says 'Panic Alarm' but the key has been very safely put away - strange Mad I will be phoning RR first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks guys for posting about this - reading the thread has allowed me to understand where to look. Great stuff!

Well I was in my dealer's at service reception the other day and the alarm went off on a showroom car just as you said without the lights flashing, and as such it took them a moment to work outbwhich one it was. They all stood looking at each other scratching their heads. So clearly not an isolated incident.
Mines going in on Thursday to have this looked at, will report back with whatever they find (nothing I assume).
4.30am (exactly) again this morning Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Reference URL's