babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Software upgrades
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

I finally got he car back today with all the upgrades applied.

Overall Software Version before upgrade: 3316_11019
Overall Software Version after upgrade: 3366_120109

I also got the printout of the upgrades that was applied:

Parking assist control Module (I presume) (3 different upgrades available)
Powertrain Control Module
Passenger Door Module (3 different upgrades available)
Body Control Module (2 different upgrades available)
Front Control/Display inter... (Can't see all the text)
Heating Ventilation and Air... (Can't see all the text)
Audio Front Control Module: (4 different upgrades available)
Audio Amplifier Module

It seems like all the upgrades was applied one by one for each module. My car had a build date back in February 2012.
I got the versions numbers for the software that was applied as well.

And another question: Do you guys have to pay for software upgrades in UK and/or other countries?
We have to pay for software upgrades here in Norway, I didn't have too this time because of the problem with the door and that the DAB Radio didn't work until I stopped and started the car, as well as my GPS "blacking out"

/Inge
Don't have to pay for them in the UK if you get them done at service time - I'm not sure what the situation is if you ask for updates outside the service
Okay, hmm gotta check that out with my car when it's going for it's first service.
Have you gotten any software upgrades on your car yet Tim?
My car was the first one delivered to any forum member, on Evoque's launch day in 2011, yes it has had a load of updates but not many of those yours has had as far as I know. It had a lot done at the first service in September this year and I didn't pay for any of them
I have just had 3366_120109 applied to fix a problem with stop start not working. I presume this upgrade includes all the stuff you listed in your post
Yeah, most likely and hopefully that fixed the start/stop issue you had. I haven't had that problem with my car, but other problems like the DAB radio not working and the GPS blacking out.
Had my first service today and asked them to check for upgrades. There was Three minor updates for the car. Engine update, display and Burner according to the mechanic who did it. But still version 3366 overall software.

But the mechanic forgot to set a 4 pin password on the valet menu after the update, gonna call the dealer tomorrow regarding this.

Anyone else with MY12 that has had any services and got their car updated recently?

/Inge
(06-02-2013 10:14pm)Inges Wrote: [ -> ]But the mechanic forgot to set a 4 pin password on the valet menu after the update, gonna call the dealer tomorrow regarding this.
/Inge

Iirc, you (the owner) set the pin each time you turn on the valet mode. Why would you want the mechanic to set your valet pin ?
Uhm last time I tried it requested a pin code.. Weird, gonna check that out.
Yeah, it's asking you to input a code to set it - it will then turn on valet mode and you will need to enter that pin again that pin to unlock valet mode.
(Unless, of course, you are saying that the mechanic switched on valet mode and didn't switch it off when you collected the car)
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's