babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: 300bhp Evoque anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motors...-treatment

I'd like to know how they fit the 3.0ltr twin turbo in the engine bay, as I was told it was too small to fit one
Its not an evoque, its a bespoke racing car with something vaguely resembling and evoque body stuck on the top.
A few years ago (in fact I think you can still buy one) there was a similar Freelander1 you could buy as a kit to fit on a Land Rover chassis (it was scaled up to fit). If you look closely at the rear window frame , follow it down to the rear wheel arch and back you can see the entire rear body shell lifts off for access to spare wheels and increased fuel tankage. Interesting that they chose a BMW twin turbo diesel to fit into it, I didn't know BMW's TD's were that highly regarded in the rally raid world. I wonder if BMW are sponsoring it?
This looks interesting to drive!!

There's a 7 page feature on this beastie in this month's Land Rover Owner's mag, very interesting. I wouldn't mind having a blast in it, ..though I wouldn't much fancy picking up the fuel tab to fill the 260 litre diesel tank on it Laughing.
Awesome!!
There's a BMW badge on the rear side panel Confused So what's the engine?

No good for me, there's no ISO child seat fixing pointsVery Happy
It's a BMW 3.0 Td6 engine, Doug. Limited to 285BHP and ONLY 590lb/ft (800NM!!!) of torque, ..now that's gotta be fun to drive, Laughing.
Look right at home in Los Angeles. And you can bet you'll see it parked out front of the Beverly Hills Hotel etc. And, oh yes, driven by a teenage girl.
Reference URL's