babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: dealers sticker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
had the car a couple of weeks and loving it given it its first clean, the alloys soon get manky so searching for some type of sealer for them. My main query if anyone can help is how to remove the dealers sticker from the rear window and the tax disk holder from windscreen without leaving a gluey mess or bits of the sticker behind nothing against dealer just got my own disk holder and want full use of rear window, cheers in advance

OG Prestige SD4 style 4 alloys
To remove stickers from glass, Heat the area up with a hairdryer, i use the edge of a craft knife (Stanley) to lift the corner. It should now peel away. Any glue left behind can be removed with nail polish remover.

Watch you don't damage the heating element in the rear glass. Not sure if it's bonded in to glass like the front screen is.
I would use methelated spirit to remove the sticky as its less harmful if it gets onto anything else.
WD40 is also great for removing the sticky mess.
Glass cleaner will remove the sticky goo too. Ian, when you heat the sticker you shouldn't need to use a knife, just use a finger nail to lift a corner and then continue heating the sticker as you gently peel it off the glass
Yep Hair dryer works wonders!

Regarding wheels... Link: My Wheel sealing
Phil's recommendation is the Rolls Royce of wheel sealants and will last months if not years. If you want an alternative the Planet Polish Wheel Seal is a very good product which will last 2-3 months.
Fortunately, they didn't put one in mine, only advertising was on tax disk holder, now an Evoque version and on the number plates.
Mine came with a babyRR.com sticker on the rear screen, haven't yet been tempted to remove it! Tax disc holder that came with it had LPR contact details but more improtantly it had LRA's freephone number in bigger font!
Cheers Guys excellent feed back just need to buy a hairdryer
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's