babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Fuel economy , finally a big improvement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(11-08-2012 09:28am)FujiSan Wrote: [ -> ]Can't see what the problem is really, mine gets around 40 to 43 day in day out. Best mpg so far 46 on a long motorway cruise. No chipping, no modules - just driving at or below the speed limits.

You are very lucky. I know I can driver economically (regularly got 65mpg from my last 1.6 diesel focus on A/B roads in UK), but I can't get more than 38 on flat roads where I live.
Drove down to Street in Somerset last Friday, just under 200 mile round trip, 44mpg. That'll do nicely.
Turbo lag has been reduced and mpg up by approx 4-5 mpg

Tempted to crank it up to full power
Just had my TD4 a day now 120 miles so far showing 44mpg will be happy with that should it stay the same.
I did a short trip on the freeway last weekend. Set the cruise at 110 KPH and ended up with 5.9l/100 km or converted 47 MPG. I was happy with that, given there was a bit of city driving off the freeway afterwards to get home
Just fitted the economy bluespark module. Just love the new drive... No turbo lag, smooth transmission and the Evoque seems smoother.
However has anyone noticed the slight increase in noise and vibration at idle?
Also noted the avg mpg change in real time compared to constant mpg without the module?
Just wanted to confirm this was normal, or maybe, I am more aware of the Evoque since I have now fitted the module..
(01-10-2012 01:41am)jitenc Wrote: [ -> ]Just fitted the economy bluespark module. Just love the new drive... No turbo lag, smooth transmission and the Evoque seems smoother.
However has anyone noticed the slight increase in noise and vibration at idle?
Also noted the avg mpg change in real time compared to constant mpg without the module?
Just wanted to confirm this was normal, or maybe, I am more aware of the Evoque since I have now fitted the module..

I've fitted one to my Kuga and the performance increase is very noticeable: much more low end grunt and much smoother.

I've not seen much of an improvement in mpg, maybe 1 or 2 mpg more but that's mainly as I drive a lot of motorway miles where the Kuga was pretty good anyway (40 mpg regularly). One thing to note is that the mpg displays will be out by about 5mpg so you have to manually calculate.

It's improved the drive enough for me - I will be fitting one to the SD4...... When it eventually arrives. Currently end of November.

Cheers

Mark H
(01-10-2012 01:41am)jitenc Wrote: [ -> ]Just fitted the economy bluespark module. Just love the new drive... No turbo lag, smooth transmission and the Evoque seems smoother.

There goes your Warranty!!!
And don't think that because you remove it before you take the car in for a service that the dealer's service computer cannot tell that you have used one because it can from the engine running logs in the blackbox and of course you are driving un-insured if you haven't told your insurance company that you have modified your engine.................. WinkWink
Griff had his tuned by Pete Bell, one of our sponsors.

From what he said it was a really good job, just a shame none of us could experience it on the 1st birthday meet.

Are there warranty issues with this installation, Griff, anyone?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's