babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: That's it........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are Evoques becoming too popular????

Cannot believe this, pulled out of the side road this morning at 7.25ish, right behind a Fuji Prestige with a personal plate, and followed it for about a mile in traffic, until he pulled into a local retail park.

Then in the opposite direction came another OG Prestige.

Tis too many, I thought Evoques were going to be a rarity, but three all in the same piece of road at 7.30, how rare is that.
Loads where I live. One followed me home last night. Evoque convoy...

3 in my work car park. You best get used to seeing plenty around!
popular car and not one that people will use occasionally ie will be used as a daily so much more chance of seeing them on the road.

I havent seen that many down here, bet i will see them all the time after i pick up mine on saturday
Is it 'visible' because you are looking out for them? I'm sure there are still a lot less Evoques than other models on the road.
Ive only see 5 in my town in the last 3 months. I rarely see them here but again its a small town compared to LA or SF.
(12-07-2012 01:22pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]Is it 'visible' because you are looking out for them? I'm sure there are still a lot less Evoques than other models on the road.
Very true, now if you ignore the Evoque for a while and count 3 series or A4's you will then see how true your statement is, Evoques are definately still a rare breed
I am lucky to see 3 a week, including weekends. Still very rare around Sydney in my travels.
It seems they are still extremely rare here in America.

I live in the city of Chicago (3rd largest in US with almost 10 million in metro area) and have seen only 3 Evoques during the 4 months I have owned one.

My brother lives in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan and he has yet to see one in New York.

My folks live in Miami (5 million metro area); during a one-week visit there last month I saw a grand total of 2 Evoques. The first one they ever saw was mine when I went to visit.

Everywhere I drive I still see gawkers acting like it's the first Evoque they have ever seen.

I know they're selling extremely well here in the States, but where are they?!
Evoque a rarity in the UK.............................. with 20,000 UK orders taken before launch? Those are numbers most car makers dream about selling!
Also in Paris, I see them daily,

But I still get the admiring looks though! Possibly because mine is the only red i've seen here. Very conservative with car colours the french. Only black or white cars on the road with an occasional grey if you want to get adventurous...
Reference URL's