Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
That's it........
brinv8

That's it........

Are Evoques becoming too popular????

Cannot believe this, pulled out of the side road this morning at 7.25ish, right behind a Fuji Prestige with a personal plate, and followed it for about a mile in traffic, until he pulled into a local retail park.

Then in the opposite direction came another OG Prestige.

Tis too many, I thought Evoques were going to be a rarity, but three all in the same piece of road at 7.30, how rare is that.

SD4 - Pure, Orkney Grey with Tech and Style Packs, Privy Glass, F&R Mud Flaps, Towing Hitch, Spare Wheel and a few bits more.
12-07-2012 10:17am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Urban Splash

RE: That's it........

Loads where I live. One followed me home last night. Evoque convoy...

3 in my work car park. You best get used to seeing plenty around!

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
12-07-2012 11:19am
Chunk

popular car and not one that people will use occasionally ie will be used as a daily so much more chance of seeing them on the road.

I havent seen that many down here, bet i will see them all the time after i pick up mine on saturday

Ordered Feb 2012 - Orkney grey 5dr Dynamic SD4 Automatic. Lux pack, Dynamic plus Pack (velocity ebony leather) ebony headliner and gloss black finishers. Shadow chrome style 7s, heated steering wheel and a spare wheel just in case! Build date 6/7/12 delivery date 23/7/12. Built 3/7 pick up 14/7!!!!!
12-07-2012 11:21am
cjfp

Is it 'visible' because you are looking out for them? I'm sure there are still a lot less Evoques than other models on the road.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
12-07-2012 01:22pm
slee18

Ive only see 5 in my town in the last 3 months. I rarely see them here but again its a small town compared to LA or SF.

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
12-07-2012 05:08pm
johnboy

(12-07-2012 01:22pm)cjfp Wrote:  Is it 'visible' because you are looking out for them? I'm sure there are still a lot less Evoques than other models on the road.
Very true, now if you ignore the Evoque for a while and count 3 series or A4's you will then see how true your statement is, Evoques are definately still a rare breed

On order, delivery May 2012 Fuji White SD4 Man, Tech Pack, Privacy Glass, Pano roof, Fogs, Lux Mats, power tailgate, puddle lamps, Auto dimming rear view mirror, 19" Style 4: Mud flaps: Xenons, rear camera: Dog Guard by Travall: Boot Liner. Delivered 29/05/12
13-07-2012 12:03am
Barneyridge

I am lucky to see 3 a week, including weekends. Still very rare around Sydney in my travels.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
13-07-2012 02:48am
Chicago_Buckeye

It seems they are still extremely rare here in America.

I live in the city of Chicago (3rd largest in US with almost 10 million in metro area) and have seen only 3 Evoques during the 4 months I have owned one.

My brother lives in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan and he has yet to see one in New York.

My folks live in Miami (5 million metro area); during a one-week visit there last month I saw a grand total of 2 Evoques. The first one they ever saw was mine when I went to visit.

Everywhere I drive I still see gawkers acting like it's the first Evoque they have ever seen.

I know they're selling extremely well here in the States, but where are they?!

2012 Dynamic Si4 5dr Firenze Red / Santorini Black
13-07-2012 04:44am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Evoque a rarity in the UK.............................. with 20,000 UK orders taken before launch? Those are numbers most car makers dream about selling!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-07-2012 09:54am
JiiPee

Also in Paris, I see them daily,

But I still get the admiring looks though! Possibly because mine is the only red i've seen here. Very conservative with car colours the french. Only black or white cars on the road with an occasional grey if you want to get adventurous...

Enjoying enormously: Pure Td4 Automatic, Firenze Red, almond/espresso interior, panorama roof with rails, Pure tech pack, clearview pack & cold weather pack, parking radars front and back + camera.
13-07-2012 10:11am