babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Power fold mirrors a must have?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I missed the fact that the Pure did to come with power folding mirrors as standard. Having been made aware of this via the forum I wonder if it may be too late to again amend my order and get them added.

Question is are they essential or can I live without them........... Shocked
I ordered them as I was surprised that it didn't have them as standard having being used to them on the Fl2. Only really essential if you are parked in places where they are vulnerable to being knocked off but you would get the the puddle lights with the little Evoque logo, always puts a smile on my face, I guess I am just a big kid.
I dont have them and cant say i have ever felt like i needed them.
They also don't fold in very far - kind of odd given the scope the size of the mirror mounting offered..
[Image: photo-1.jpg]
Extended
[Image: folded.jpg]
Retracted

In action.
Great demonstration thanks Smile Left a message for the dealer to call but giving that they ignored my call back request yesterday I'm not holding my breath for a call today. Typical Land Rover dealership I'm afraid.........

Left another message today if they don't call back then I won't get the folding mirrors. I min be too late to order ow anyway......
(07-06-2012 09:51am)Griff449 Wrote: [ -> ]Great demonstration thanks Smile Left a message for the dealer to call but giving that they ignored my call back request yesterday I'm not holding my breath for a call today. Typical Land Rover dealership I'm afraid.........

Left another message today if they don't call back then I won't get the folding mirrors. I min be too late to order ow anyway......

It should be standard, but I suppose it's another way for LR to earn money.

I wouldn't be without folding mirrors, I think of them as a necessity as I have had many times when in a petrol station or traffic queue, if not for folding mirrors, they would be scratched or ripped off! Shocked

The puddle lights will be amusing for a week or so, I'm sure..... Wink

As for a LR dealer salesman calling you back - I think I have a better chance of a lottery win! Laughing
I didn't order them on my first Pure as I didn't really think of this option as that important to me compared with my other options but after driving the first car for 3 months down the really narrow country lane that we live in I decided to add them to my latest Pure as I often have to squeeze past huge farm machinery etc. I have definitely made the right choice by adding them, but to be honest unless you park your car in a garage or go down really narrow lanes on a regular basis they are not a necessity! Although they don't fold in that far I have noticed they fold in as far as the wheel arches protrude so if they get knocked when folded so do the wheel arches....... handy when parking in public car parks when you get stupid people walking between parked cars clipping the mirrors as the walk past!
I like closing them when going through a drive thru for food or other places such as banks. You can get a lot closer with them folded in.
Pleased to confirm that I have now had the power fold mirrors added to the build Smile

Extra £340 though..........
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's