Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Power fold mirrors a must have?
Griff449

Power fold mirrors a must have?

I missed the fact that the Pure did to come with power folding mirrors as standard. Having been made aware of this via the forum I wonder if it may be too late to again amend my order and get them added.

Question is are they essential or can I live without them........... Shocked

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
06-06-2012 10:53pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

RE: Power fold mirrors a must have?

I ordered them as I was surprised that it didn't have them as standard having being used to them on the Fl2. Only really essential if you are parked in places where they are vulnerable to being knocked off but you would get the the puddle lights with the little Evoque logo, always puts a smile on my face, I guess I am just a big kid.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
06-06-2012 10:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

I dont have them and cant say i have ever felt like i needed them.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
06-06-2012 11:15pm
Straydox

They also don't fold in very far - kind of odd given the scope the size of the mirror mounting offered..

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
06-06-2012 11:36pm
agusta22

[Image: photo-1.jpg]
Extended
[Image: folded.jpg]
Retracted

In action.

2012 Dynamic
2010 GT3
Mini
[Image: flag.gif]
07-06-2012 05:46am
Griff449

Great demonstration thanks Smile Left a message for the dealer to call but giving that they ignored my call back request yesterday I'm not holding my breath for a call today. Typical Land Rover dealership I'm afraid.........

Left another message today if they don't call back then I won't get the folding mirrors. I min be too late to order ow anyway......

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
07-06-2012 09:51am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leeselee

(07-06-2012 09:51am)Griff449 Wrote:  Great demonstration thanks Smile Left a message for the dealer to call but giving that they ignored my call back request yesterday I'm not holding my breath for a call today. Typical Land Rover dealership I'm afraid.........

Left another message today if they don't call back then I won't get the folding mirrors. I min be too late to order ow anyway......

It should be standard, but I suppose it's another way for LR to earn money.

I wouldn't be without folding mirrors, I think of them as a necessity as I have had many times when in a petrol station or traffic queue, if not for folding mirrors, they would be scratched or ripped off! Shocked

The puddle lights will be amusing for a week or so, I'm sure..... Wink

As for a LR dealer salesman calling you back - I think I have a better chance of a lottery win! Laughing
07-06-2012 01:37pm
caroline11000

I didn't order them on my first Pure as I didn't really think of this option as that important to me compared with my other options but after driving the first car for 3 months down the really narrow country lane that we live in I decided to add them to my latest Pure as I often have to squeeze past huge farm machinery etc. I have definitely made the right choice by adding them, but to be honest unless you park your car in a garage or go down really narrow lanes on a regular basis they are not a necessity! Although they don't fold in that far I have noticed they fold in as far as the wheel arches protrude so if they get knocked when folded so do the wheel arches....... handy when parking in public car parks when you get stupid people walking between parked cars clipping the mirrors as the walk past!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
07-06-2012 05:31pm
lngrn36

I like closing them when going through a drive thru for food or other places such as banks. You can get a lot closer with them folded in.

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
07-06-2012 05:58pm
Griff449

Pleased to confirm that I have now had the power fold mirrors added to the build Smile

Extra £340 though..........

07-06-2012 07:10pm