babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Scraping noise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Has anyone experienced this noise, when going over the larger speed bumps ( at a relatively normal speed 10 mph ish ). It sounds like the sort of noise you get when you scrape the front valence.
When it first happened I thought NOOOOO! The front can't be that low, but on closer inspection not a single mark. I have since been doing a bit of experimenting & have found out using speed cushions that the noise comes from the off-side front, poss something to do with the suspension?
Hi I have a similar issue - check the thread on suspension. Is it more of a sound coming from the rear suspension? Do u have the adaptive dynamics on the car?
I think I might have had that for the first time today from my nearside rear. Sounded as if a piece of debris was trapped between the wheel arch and the wheel for about 3-4 seconds. On inspection afterwards, could not see anything unusual - strange!
Oh, well how daft do I feel now reading this?

My car has had a scraping noise when going over speed bumps since I got it, I presumed it was the mud flaps as Hubby had a similar problem on one of his previous cars after he had mudflaps fitted?? Whistle

Ali.
(01-05-2012 05:45pm)zambiaman Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I have a similar issue - check the thread on suspension. Is it more of a sound coming from the rear suspension? Do u have the adaptive dynamics on the car?

It depends where you sat, in the drivers seat it sounds like the front offside, yet you sit in the front passenger seat it sounds more like the rear.
I've now got it into the dealers & have just told me that they are going to change the front offside strut, so I'll have to see if that cures it
I do have the adaptive dynamics but I know it's nothing to do with that as I have two other family members with mor or less the same car & theirs don't do it
(01-05-2012 06:11pm)alibeau Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, well how daft do I feel now reading this?

My car has had a scraping noise when going over speed bumps since I got it, I presumed it was the mud flaps as Hubby had a similar problem on one of his previous cars after he had mudflaps fitted?? Whistle

Ali.

Don't feel daft, as it does also sound like it could be a wheel touching a mud flap
Just heard from the dealer, they changed the front strut which didn't make a blind bit of difference.
All they can do now is what's called a sound bite, which means actually recording the noise & sending it off with any other info they have to LR,
No car for another day Sad
I get the same noise on my new Freelander 2 I know its not the same vehicle but deffo the same noise going over speed bumps..............
When you get this noise is the steering on full lock too?
Hi all.

Yes, I've got the same noise when going over speed bumps. To me it sounds like it's coming from the rear of the car.

To be honest, I hadn't given it much thought until I read this thread.

David.
(02-05-2012 04:41pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]When you get this noise is the steering on full lock too?

No just when i go over the larger/steeper speed bumps
(02-05-2012 04:42pm)David-H. Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all.

Yes, I've got the same noise when going over speed bumps. To me it sounds like it's coming from the rear of the car.

To be honest, I hadn't given it much thought until I read this thread.

David.

If I sit in the passenger seat it does sometimes sounds like it comes from the rear, but defo from the front offside when in the drivers
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's