babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Another evoque rival from mercedes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
A mercedes soft roader. Maybe a rival for the evoque at the lower end of the model range.

I think it looks very nice, if the car magazine pic is accurate.

[Image: 1mbblk.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
The Evoque looks like nothing else, this looks like a Mercedes which makes it old news.
Is that not the new A class merc? Take off the Mercedes grille and it would be a Vauxhall Astra.................
I’m not really sure where Mercedes are going stylistically these days.

This car is based on the new A Class which looks OK ....... but is very much a pastiche of the BMW 1 Series / Opel Astra / Seat Leon. The new B Class adopts the same lower upswept dent / kink .... but it looks like a 1st year design student implemented it. This Faux-x-4 design seems to be a halfway house between A and B .... and I’m not keen.

Maybe I'm not the target audience but CLS apart, most current versions of MB's range look more dated and clumsy than the cars they replace..... SL included.
(01-05-2012 02:58pm)Blackseries Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not really sure where Mercedes are going stylistically these days.

This car is based on the new A Class which looks OK ....... but is very much a pastiche of the BMW 1 Series / Opel Astra / Seat Leon. The new B Class adopts the same lower upswept dent / kink .... but it looks like a 1st year design student implemented it. This Faux-x-4 design seems to be a halfway house between A and B .... and I’m not keen.

Maybe I'm not the target audience but CLS apart, most current versions of MB's range look more dated and clumsy than the cars they replace..... SL included.

I agree, as I probably would have to as I've got the previous version of the SL (without the 'macho' grille - ugh!).
Looks more like a hatchback to me. Whatever it is it's based on the new A class.
(01-05-2012 05:22pm)J77 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks more like a hatchback to me. Whatever it is it's based on the new A class.

the evoque is a hatch back too remember
Cannot be a rival, looks nothing close to the beauty of the Evoque!
Charm = 0, Heritage (4WD) = 0, Looks = 0, Sexy-ness = -1, Technology - oh - probably 10, but,...
(01-05-2012 07:51pm)miha.m Wrote: [ -> ]Charm = 0, Heritage (4WD) = 0, Looks = 0, Sexy-ness = -1, Technology - oh - probably 10, but,...

so mercedes has no 4wd heritage? I givve to you the below.

[Image: b7036a0c0a03dfd39dc3aba.jpg]

[Image: mercedesbenzunimog02102.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's