babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Another evoque rival from mercedes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(01-05-2012 12:51pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Is that not the new A class merc? Take off the Mercedes grille and it would be a Vauxhall Astra.................

I was thinking subaru.
(01-05-2012 03:11pm)Donny Dog Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, as I probably would have to as I've got the previous version of the SL (without the 'macho' grille - ugh!).

Sniff Petrol had something to say about that new grill.......
(01-05-2012 08:05pm)masmullin Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking subaru.

And I was thinking Mazda:
[Image: Mazda-CX-5-31491_neuheiten_2012_10.jpg]
Mazda is better looking than the Merc, I was even considering one together with an MX5 till Mazda UK let me down badly with my current car... their loss I found the Evoque!
(01-05-2012 02:58pm)Blackseries Wrote: [ -> ]I’m not really sure where Mercedes are going stylistically these days.

This car is based on the new A Class which looks OK ....... but is very much a pastiche of the BMW 1 Series / Opel Astra / Seat Leon. The new B Class adopts the same lower upswept dent / kink .... but it looks like a 1st year design student implemented it. This Faux-x-4 design seems to be a halfway house between A and B .... and I’m not keen.

Maybe I'm not the target audience but CLS apart, most current versions of MB's range look more dated and clumsy than the cars they replace..... SL included.

+1
They remind me of small trucks with the huge upright grill that has become part of their design "DNA".
That new styling from Mercedes is their way of dealing with the pedestrian impact regulations which require crush space between bodywork and engine. I think it is ghastly.
(02-05-2012 04:22am)mark_n Wrote: [ -> ]That new styling from Mercedes is their way of dealing with the pedestrian impact regulations which require crush space between bodywork and engine. I think it is ghastly.

I thought the Evoque followed the same criteria under EU regulations.
(02-05-2012 06:34am)jitenc Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the Evoque followed the same criteria under EU regulations.

I think I read somewhere that the Evoque design was approved just before the criteria became more strict.
Is it just me or does it look like the b*stard lovechild of a Merc old clc coupe and a Vauxhall Corsa ?
I think the Mazda is the best of the competing bunch of rivals.

I would not have swapped the C320 for the new A Class option, and the new ML starts at £47k.

Unfortunately MB have lost a once contented owner over to Evoque land.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's