babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Adaptive Volume Control
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can anyone tell me how to increase and decrease AVC with the touch screenEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
(02-04-2012 10:39am)musher Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone tell me how to increase and decrease AVC with the touch screenEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

+1 I just assumed it didn't have it as it doesn't seem to lower when slowing down
You have to switch it on first before it will do anything - have you done that?
If not, P115 of the owner's manual tells you how to and it tells you there how it works too, which isn't how you think it would !
press Menu, Audio settings, Adaptive Volume, OK
Exactly however, if I'm reading the manual correctly it only seems to give you instructions on how to adjust the AVC with standard audio controls fitted and not that of the touchscreen.

I find it a bit bizarre if the touch screen doesn't have this facilty as well.
Interesting ... on a long journey to south of France the volume level bugged me as it did not increase/decrease in relation to cabin noise. Found this thread and in my manual it's on page 166 but for the standard Meridean radio (I have Lux pack with upgraded radio in a Prestige) but even following these instructions doesn't show me adaptive volume control settings. Anyone found how to do this with the Lux package?
I used the On-line Owner's Manual for my instruction above, I have now been able to look in my car and use the hard copy manual and AVC isn't even mentioned in either the audio controls or the manual, anywhere. So :-
a) The on-line manual is wrong,
b) it appears that AVC never made it into cars fitted with the 825w Meridian system and possibly never made it into lower powered version too.
I've been out in the car for the last 30mins trying to work this out and each time I go into the audio settings all I get is 3 options, sound, fade and reset all. There is nothing that I could find reference Adaptive Volume on/off OK as Tim has suggested. I may be wrong, but I'm sure the instructions on the pages quoted above are related to the standard audio controls and not the tochscreen controls or the standard meridian sound system as suggested.
had AVC in a few cars I have owned and to be honest i have never been able to tell when its working.
what I don't understand is why do you get it in a less expensive version ie standard controls rather than the more expensive version being that of the touchscreen control. Another rip off by LR me thinksExclamationExclamation
(02-04-2012 06:19pm)musher Wrote: [ -> ]what I don't understand is why do you get it in a less expensive version ie standard controls rather than the more expensive version being that of the touchscreen control. Another rip off by LR me thinksExclamationExclamation

Not sure what you mean? all uk cars have toouch screen
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's