Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adaptive Volume Control
musher

Adaptive Volume Control

Can anyone tell me how to increase and decrease AVC with the touch screenEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
02-04-2012 10:39am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Firenze

RE: Adaptive Volume Control

(02-04-2012 10:39am)musher Wrote:  Can anyone tell me how to increase and decrease AVC with the touch screenEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

+1 I just assumed it didn't have it as it doesn't seem to lower when slowing down

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
02-04-2012 01:41pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You have to switch it on first before it will do anything - have you done that?
If not, P115 of the owner's manual tells you how to and it tells you there how it works too, which isn't how you think it would !
press Menu, Audio settings, Adaptive Volume, OK

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2012 02:04pm by XFullFatTim.)
02-04-2012 02:02pm
musher

Exactly however, if I'm reading the manual correctly it only seems to give you instructions on how to adjust the AVC with standard audio controls fitted and not that of the touchscreen.

I find it a bit bizarre if the touch screen doesn't have this facilty as well.

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
02-04-2012 02:02pm
mpw

Interesting ... on a long journey to south of France the volume level bugged me as it did not increase/decrease in relation to cabin noise. Found this thread and in my manual it's on page 166 but for the standard Meridean radio (I have Lux pack with upgraded radio in a Prestige) but even following these instructions doesn't show me adaptive volume control settings. Anyone found how to do this with the Lux package?
02-04-2012 04:46pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I used the On-line Owner's Manual for my instruction above, I have now been able to look in my car and use the hard copy manual and AVC isn't even mentioned in either the audio controls or the manual, anywhere. So :-
a) The on-line manual is wrong,
b) it appears that AVC never made it into cars fitted with the 825w Meridian system and possibly never made it into lower powered version too.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-04-2012 05:59pm
musher

I've been out in the car for the last 30mins trying to work this out and each time I go into the audio settings all I get is 3 options, sound, fade and reset all. There is nothing that I could find reference Adaptive Volume on/off OK as Tim has suggested. I may be wrong, but I'm sure the instructions on the pages quoted above are related to the standard audio controls and not the tochscreen controls or the standard meridian sound system as suggested.

02-04-2012 05:59pm
ED209

had AVC in a few cars I have owned and to be honest i have never been able to tell when its working.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
02-04-2012 06:12pm
musher

what I don't understand is why do you get it in a less expensive version ie standard controls rather than the more expensive version being that of the touchscreen control. Another rip off by LR me thinksExclamationExclamation

02-04-2012 06:19pm
ED209

(02-04-2012 06:19pm)musher Wrote:  what I don't understand is why do you get it in a less expensive version ie standard controls rather than the more expensive version being that of the touchscreen control. Another rip off by LR me thinksExclamationExclamation

Not sure what you mean? all uk cars have toouch screen

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
02-04-2012 06:21pm