babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Uprated steering rack?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Noticed this on my Topix list:
STEERING RACKS - UPRATEDĀ 

Whats that about? Shocked
I had it too.
It's to do with the reports from some owners about the steering suddenly going very heavy I believe. I've never suffered the problem even though mine is one of the first on the UK roads
Hmmm, if I remember, which I probably wont, I'll ask the dealer when I collect Smile
Yeah, 'cos like their gonna know! Laughing
Indeed, and to be honest when I turn up to collect it, I'm not really going to care either Laughing
Someone I know on the evoqueownersclub.co.ukj site got his car the same day as mine, both being manufactured on 24 February, and both nearly identical. His has had the problem (just fixed) and I've had no bother at all. So, it sounds more random and not related to age.

He also tells me that LR said that Evoques don't actually have a steering rack as such. In his case, they changed a sub-frame, so presumably it was a steering geometry problem of some sort.
I've got a tube here, probably more than I'll ever need so could send you some if you want. PM if interested.
@evanmarcus - commercial ad removed from your post. If serious user then please contact site owner Martin to sponsor and then you can show ads. If just spamming then please do not do again as you will be banned very swiftly.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's