Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Headphone module blank / Steering Rack
cjfp

Headphone module blank / Steering Rack

There is an item "Headphone Module Blank" shown on my order. Does this mean that if I remove the 'blank' that I will be able to use headphones?

I am also showing "Steering Rack - Uprated" - Uprated from what ?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
10-08-2011 07:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: Headphone module blank / Steering Rack

(10-08-2011 07:02pm)cjfp Wrote:  There is an item "Headphone Module Blank" shown on my order. Does this mean that if I remove the 'blank' that I will be able to use headphones?

I am also showing "Steering Rack - Uprated" - Uprated from what ?

Mine too shows 025EW headphone module blank, which i pressume means I was too tight to buy the rear seat ent system so there are no headphones. My steering is shown as 049AW Steering rack - Standard. Is this because I have normal holgen lights and you have adaptive zenons, so the steering clearly influneces where they point? so thus is "uprated" in functionality

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
11-08-2011 10:56am
LP

I have the uprated steering rack but no adaptive xenons. Could be the flappy paddle shifters for the autos?
Actually cjfp is getting a manual. Perhaps it is a regional variation.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2011 11:00pm by LP.)
11-08-2011 10:58pm
M30 EVO

I have uprated steering rack, but no adaptive xenons and no flappy paddle (don't think flappy paddle will mix with the manual box!!).

On order: Dynamic SD4 Manual Coupe, Orkney Grey, Black Roof, Privacy Glass, Vortex Int, Ebony Headlining.

Delivery: Was 25/11/11, Currently 28/12/11..............
12-08-2011 02:02pm
RRE

(12-08-2011 02:02pm)M30 EVO Wrote:  I have uprated steering rack, but no adaptive xenons and no flappy paddle (don't think flappy paddle will mix with the manual box!!).

In Italy the code 025EW has a translation that means "module for rear sets headphones" whilst 049AX has no translation and remains "Steering Rack - Uprated"
13-08-2011 05:23am
vision*R

Outside of the UK, the Pure doesn't have a rain sensor / darkness sensor, no headlight washers.
I would guess these functions are controlled with the switches on the steering rack so they need to be "uprated"?

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
13-08-2011 06:58am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Are we reading different meanings into steering rack?
To me the rack is down at the engine end of the steering column so why would it have switches way down there?

Reasons for an uprated steering rack could be :
20" wheels specified on a car meant to run on 18/19" wheels
ADaptive Dynamics specced as an option on non AD car.

Not long after the launch of the RRS people started getting steering problems after fitting 20" wheels on cars that were supplied with 18's and 19's and LR then introduced an uprated steering rack for all cars so everybody could fit 20" wheels if they wanted - don't forget that on an "ordinary" car it doesn't matter so much if you fit bigger wheels to it, with a car designed to go offroad fitting bigger wheels doesn't just add weight it adds stresses offroad that the standard steering is not designed to handle when big wheels are fitted

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-08-2011 08:46am
LP

(13-08-2011 08:46am)FullFatTim Wrote:  Are we reading different meanings into steering rack?
To me the rack is down at the engine end of the steering column so why would it have switches way down there?

Reasons for an uprated steering rack could be :
20" wheels specified on a car meant to run on 18/19" wheels
ADaptive Dynamics specced as an option on non AD car.

Not long after the launch of the RRS people started getting steering problems after fitting 20" wheels on cars that were supplied with 18's and 19's and LR then introduced an uprated steering rack for all cars so everybody could fit 20" wheels if they wanted - don't forget that on an "ordinary" car it doesn't matter so much if you fit bigger wheels to it, with a car designed to go offroad fitting bigger wheels doesn't just add weight it adds stresses offroad that the standard steering is not designed to handle when big wheels are fitted

Quite right. I was thinking steering column.
13-08-2011 09:34am
vision*R

OK sorry, I'm not a native English speaker so the meaning of these technical things is sometimes a bit unclear Embarrassed

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
13-08-2011 06:52pm
cjfp

(13-08-2011 06:52pm)vision*R Wrote:  OK sorry, I'm not a native English speaker so the meaning of these technical things is sometimes a bit unclear Embarrassed

I am a native English speaker and they aren't always clear to me, so please don't worry!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
13-08-2011 07:02pm