babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: New bigger 'Evoque'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
According to a magazine article the Land Rover design and marketing departments are close to deciding wether to add another model to their line-up.
The new model will be a 'Grand Evoque' designed to bridge the gap between the Evoque and the Range Rover Sport and will be priced between £35 and £55k.
Personally I hope it doesn't happen. If it's just a scaled up Evoque, then all it's going to do is dilute the uniqueness of the design. It will then no longer look fresh and instead will just take on a corporate face, similar to the X1, X3 and X5 (although obviously not quite so bland).
I hope this doesn't happen either and I had heard this a while ago. It's gonna be bad news for us guys who have ordered an Evoque. If that's all they were gonna do then why not make this slightly more chunkier than what it is although it's quite chunky anyway. Let's hope if they do make a bigger version then they don't do a coupe that way some of us get to keep the uniqueness!
(15-06-2011 03:52pm)paulus599 Wrote: [ -> ]According to a magazine article the Land Rover design and marketing departments are close to deciding wether to add another model to their line-up.
The new model will be a 'Grand Evoque' designed to bridge the gap between the Evoque and the Range Rover Sport and will be priced between £35 and £55k.
Personally I hope it doesn't happen. If it's just a scaled up Evoque, then all it's going to do is dilute the uniqueness of the design. It will then no longer look fresh and instead will just take on a corporate face, similar to the X1, X3 and X5 (although obviously not quite so bland).
That will suck big time. We havent had a chance to drive this one, and already they are planning to.....well yes...dilute it. May i ask which magazine did you get this from?
(15-06-2011 05:09pm)Tony_T Wrote: [ -> ]May i ask which magazine did you get this from?

This weeks Autocar.
Perhaps the larger size is to cater more for the US/Global market, however if I had a choice now I would choose a larger Evoque than the current one. I was told that next year there would be changes to the engine line up (9 Speed autos so its more fuel efficient), including one engine that is sportier than presently offered.

However when I was discussing upcoming changes they never said that a larger Evoque could be planned. They did emphasise the company’s design objective towards achieving greener cars (fuel efficient etc) but I guess a beefier engine, or even a larger Evoque sort of contradicts that.
Perhaps the larger size is to cater more for the US/Global market, however if I had a choice now I would choose a larger Evoque than the current one. I was told that next year there would be changes to the engine line up (9 Speed autos so its more fuel efficient), including one engine that is sportier than presently offered.

However when I was discussing upcoming changes they never said that a larger Evoque could be planned. They did emphasise the company’s design objective towards achieving greener cars (fuel efficient etc) but I guess a beefier engine, or even a larger Evoque sort of contradicts that.
There is a bigger version coming out in 2013............... it's called the Range Rover and will replace the current L322 shape
(15-06-2011 07:03pm)FullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]There is a bigger version coming out in 2013............... it's called the Range Rover and will replace the current L322 shape

Welcome back Tim, assuming that you are back, rather than sending this from the other side of the world that is. Very Happy
(15-06-2011 06:33pm)Alex Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps the larger size is to cater more for the US/Global market, however if I had a choice now I would choose a larger Evoque than the current one. I was told that next year there would be changes to the engine line up (9 Speed autos so its more fuel efficient), including one engine that is sportier than presently offered.

Way up for a better auto gear box for fuel economy. Also beefier engine. Sign me up
I would love a diesel V8 that does 50mpg in the current sized Ev.

Well I can dream can't I?
Ant
I would love a diesel V8 that does 50mpg in the current sized Ev.

Well I can dream can't I?
Ant
Why are my posts being duplicated.

Martiin?

A
Why are my posts being duplicated.

Martiin?

A
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's