Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New bigger 'Evoque'
paulus599

New bigger 'Evoque'

According to a magazine article the Land Rover design and marketing departments are close to deciding wether to add another model to their line-up.
The new model will be a 'Grand Evoque' designed to bridge the gap between the Evoque and the Range Rover Sport and will be priced between £35 and £55k.
Personally I hope it doesn't happen. If it's just a scaled up Evoque, then all it's going to do is dilute the uniqueness of the design. It will then no longer look fresh and instead will just take on a corporate face, similar to the X1, X3 and X5 (although obviously not quite so bland).

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
15-06-2011 03:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
evoqueboy

RE: New bigger 'Evoque'

I hope this doesn't happen either and I had heard this a while ago. It's gonna be bad news for us guys who have ordered an Evoque. If that's all they were gonna do then why not make this slightly more chunkier than what it is although it's quite chunky anyway. Let's hope if they do make a bigger version then they don't do a coupe that way some of us get to keep the uniqueness!
(This post was last modified: 15-06-2011 04:16pm by evoqueboy.)
15-06-2011 04:15pm
Tony_T

(15-06-2011 03:52pm)paulus599 Wrote:  According to a magazine article the Land Rover design and marketing departments are close to deciding wether to add another model to their line-up.
The new model will be a 'Grand Evoque' designed to bridge the gap between the Evoque and the Range Rover Sport and will be priced between £35 and £55k.
Personally I hope it doesn't happen. If it's just a scaled up Evoque, then all it's going to do is dilute the uniqueness of the design. It will then no longer look fresh and instead will just take on a corporate face, similar to the X1, X3 and X5 (although obviously not quite so bland).
That will suck big time. We havent had a chance to drive this one, and already they are planning to.....well yes...dilute it. May i ask which magazine did you get this from?
15-06-2011 05:09pm
paulus599

(15-06-2011 05:09pm)Tony_T Wrote:  May i ask which magazine did you get this from?

This weeks Autocar.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
15-06-2011 05:11pm
Alex

Perhaps the larger size is to cater more for the US/Global market, however if I had a choice now I would choose a larger Evoque than the current one. I was told that next year there would be changes to the engine line up (9 Speed autos so its more fuel efficient), including one engine that is sportier than presently offered.

However when I was discussing upcoming changes they never said that a larger Evoque could be planned. They did emphasise the company’s design objective towards achieving greener cars (fuel efficient etc) but I guess a beefier engine, or even a larger Evoque sort of contradicts that.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
15-06-2011 06:33pm
Alex

Perhaps the larger size is to cater more for the US/Global market, however if I had a choice now I would choose a larger Evoque than the current one. I was told that next year there would be changes to the engine line up (9 Speed autos so its more fuel efficient), including one engine that is sportier than presently offered.

However when I was discussing upcoming changes they never said that a larger Evoque could be planned. They did emphasise the company’s design objective towards achieving greener cars (fuel efficient etc) but I guess a beefier engine, or even a larger Evoque sort of contradicts that.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
15-06-2011 06:33pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

There is a bigger version coming out in 2013............... it's called the Range Rover and will replace the current L322 shape

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 15-06-2011 07:04pm by XFullFatTim.)
15-06-2011 07:03pm
paulus599

(15-06-2011 07:03pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  There is a bigger version coming out in 2013............... it's called the Range Rover and will replace the current L322 shape

Welcome back Tim, assuming that you are back, rather than sending this from the other side of the world that is. Very Happy

15-06-2011 08:33pm
vinda

(15-06-2011 06:33pm)Alex Wrote:  Perhaps the larger size is to cater more for the US/Global market, however if I had a choice now I would choose a larger Evoque than the current one. I was told that next year there would be changes to the engine line up (9 Speed autos so its more fuel efficient), including one engine that is sportier than presently offered.

Way up for a better auto gear box for fuel economy. Also beefier engine. Sign me up
16-06-2011 03:03am
ant

I would love a diesel V8 that does 50mpg in the current sized Ev.

Well I can dream can't I?
Ant
I would love a diesel V8 that does 50mpg in the current sized Ev.

Well I can dream can't I?
Ant
Why are my posts being duplicated.

Martiin?

A
Why are my posts being duplicated.

Martiin?

A

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 16-06-2011 07:57am by ant.)
16-06-2011 07:56am