babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Flip down dog guard? any available for the evoque?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My in laws volvo xc70 has a standard fitted dog guard which is permanently mounted to the roof above the rear seats. Its very sturdy and simply flips down when needed. In my opinion this would be an ideal solution in an evoque.

So anybody aware if you can get one similar anywhere or if one is likely to become availble?
You would have to chop in the Evoque for a FFRR or a Disco4 for one of their roller blind type dog guards.
I thought dogs weren't allowed in an Evoque? Laughing

But here is a trick that is easier then a guard, just attach the leash to one of the luggage hooks. This will save you a guard and you will be able to reach for the dog if needed.
From the money you save buy a water proof liner because nothing is harder to remove then the smell of dog pee.
(05-03-2012 07:00pm)Wired Wrote: [ -> ]I thought dogs weren't allowed in an Evoque? Laughing

But here is a trick that is easier then a guard, just attach the leash to one of the luggage hooks. This will save you a guard and you will be able to reach for the dog if needed.
From the money you save buy a water proof liner because nothing is harder to remove then the smell of dog pee.

My dog doesnt wear a lead, nor does it pee in the car.
I have used the one out of my Landcruiser but it is starting to mark the headrests slightly, Id also be interested.
It is annoying that LR have skimped and not put a roller guard and roller rear "shelf" in the evoque.
WB, cannot agree with you over the roller blind parcel shelf, the rigid one is much better. I had 3 replacement roller blinds in my 1st RRS and 2 in my 2nd RRS because the roller mechanism either jammed or just failed. There was also the problem of what to do with it when you wanted the larger boot space as in RRS unlike D3 and D4, there was no special slot for it in the floor behind the rear seats. I have to say though that the 3section rigid one in the FFRR's I have owned was the source of numerous rattles - they seem to have got the mounts of the Evoque shelf much better and mine certainly doesn't rattle as the wedges engage very rigidly against the tailgate.
IMHO I also think the roller blind looks cheap. One problem with the roller guard is that it needed retaining blocks in the roof lining, if LR cannot fit grab handles in the headliner, they probably won't be inclined to fit the retainers for the dog guard.
(06-03-2012 10:05am)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]WB, cannot agree with you over the roller blind parcel shelf, the rigid one is much better. I had 3 replacement roller blinds in my 1st RRS and 2 in my 2nd RRS because the roller mechanism either jammed or just failed. There was also the problem of what to do with it when you wanted the larger boot space as in RRS unlike D3 and D4, there was no special slot for it in the floor behind the rear seats. I have to say though that the 3section rigid one in the FFRR's I have owned was the source of numerous rattles - they seem to have got the mounts of the Evoque shelf much better and mine certainly doesn't rattle as the wedges engage very rigidly against the tailgate.
IMHO I also think the roller blind looks cheap. One problem with the roller guard is that it needed retaining blocks in the roof lining, if LR cannot fit grab handles in the headliner, they probably won't be inclined to fit the retainers for the dog guard.

I've had a couple of BMWs where the roller blind just worked. I agree it was a pain to store when I wanted it out or the way but 99% of the time the "dog" guard was up and the roller shelf retracted so I guess it comes down to different usage. When I mentioned that to LR at one of the pre-launch events they said the customer clinic feedback was unanimously in favour of a fixed shelf so I guess that they got their feedback from owners of other LR products...
Reference URL's