Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Flip down dog guard? any available for the evoque?
ED209

Flip down dog guard? any available for the evoque?

My in laws volvo xc70 has a standard fitted dog guard which is permanently mounted to the roof above the rear seats. Its very sturdy and simply flips down when needed. In my opinion this would be an ideal solution in an evoque.

So anybody aware if you can get one similar anywhere or if one is likely to become availble?
05-03-2012 06:13pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Flip down dog guard? any available for the evoque?

You would have to chop in the Evoque for a FFRR or a Disco4 for one of their roller blind type dog guards.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2012 06:31pm by XFullFatTim.)
05-03-2012 06:30pm
Wired

I thought dogs weren't allowed in an Evoque? Laughing

But here is a trick that is easier then a guard, just attach the leash to one of the luggage hooks. This will save you a guard and you will be able to reach for the dog if needed.
From the money you save buy a water proof liner because nothing is harder to remove then the smell of dog pee.

SD4 Automatic Prestige BALTIC BLUE - 5 DOOR - 19" wheels - Xeons - Tech pack - winter pack - Pano roof
05-03-2012 07:00pm
ED209

(05-03-2012 07:00pm)Wired Wrote:  I thought dogs weren't allowed in an Evoque? Laughing

But here is a trick that is easier then a guard, just attach the leash to one of the luggage hooks. This will save you a guard and you will be able to reach for the dog if needed.
From the money you save buy a water proof liner because nothing is harder to remove then the smell of dog pee.

My dog doesnt wear a lead, nor does it pee in the car.
05-03-2012 08:53pm
Daigriff

I have used the one out of my Landcruiser but it is starting to mark the headrests slightly, Id also be interested.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
05-03-2012 09:50pm
Claud

Try this removable solution

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RANGE-ROVER-EV...3cc19831dd

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
05-03-2012 10:43pm
WB
WB

It is annoying that LR have skimped and not put a roller guard and roller rear "shelf" in the evoque.
05-03-2012 10:59pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

WB, cannot agree with you over the roller blind parcel shelf, the rigid one is much better. I had 3 replacement roller blinds in my 1st RRS and 2 in my 2nd RRS because the roller mechanism either jammed or just failed. There was also the problem of what to do with it when you wanted the larger boot space as in RRS unlike D3 and D4, there was no special slot for it in the floor behind the rear seats. I have to say though that the 3section rigid one in the FFRR's I have owned was the source of numerous rattles - they seem to have got the mounts of the Evoque shelf much better and mine certainly doesn't rattle as the wedges engage very rigidly against the tailgate.
IMHO I also think the roller blind looks cheap. One problem with the roller guard is that it needed retaining blocks in the roof lining, if LR cannot fit grab handles in the headliner, they probably won't be inclined to fit the retainers for the dog guard.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2012 10:07am by XFullFatTim.)
06-03-2012 10:05am
WB
WB

(06-03-2012 10:05am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  WB, cannot agree with you over the roller blind parcel shelf, the rigid one is much better. I had 3 replacement roller blinds in my 1st RRS and 2 in my 2nd RRS because the roller mechanism either jammed or just failed. There was also the problem of what to do with it when you wanted the larger boot space as in RRS unlike D3 and D4, there was no special slot for it in the floor behind the rear seats. I have to say though that the 3section rigid one in the FFRR's I have owned was the source of numerous rattles - they seem to have got the mounts of the Evoque shelf much better and mine certainly doesn't rattle as the wedges engage very rigidly against the tailgate.
IMHO I also think the roller blind looks cheap. One problem with the roller guard is that it needed retaining blocks in the roof lining, if LR cannot fit grab handles in the headliner, they probably won't be inclined to fit the retainers for the dog guard.

I've had a couple of BMWs where the roller blind just worked. I agree it was a pain to store when I wanted it out or the way but 99% of the time the "dog" guard was up and the roller shelf retracted so I guess it comes down to different usage. When I mentioned that to LR at one of the pre-launch events they said the customer clinic feedback was unanimously in favour of a fixed shelf so I guess that they got their feedback from owners of other LR products...
06-03-2012 05:15pm