babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: LR have had no reports of rattles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
My car is currently at the dealers cos of all the rattles, but they're having trouble pinpointing and rectifying them. According to the dealer, they contacted LR for advice and LR said they hadn't had any reports of Evoques rattling.

Someone, somewhere is lying but I still have an infuriatingly rattley car.
Strange, mine has been in for three annoying rattles as well - they fixed one missed two and since then (6 weeks ago) I picked up two or three more.... Given their first attempt I was hoping for more reports before taking it back, seems I need to wait some more.
Well I suppose it's a variation on the tale that we used to get from LR "Well sir, they are all like that"
Can you tell us where the rattles appear to be coming from - I ask because at the Unleashed event I had to ask the LR sales/PR people why they had allowed a car that rattled so much as the SD4 Dynamic Coupe that I spent an hour driving had been allowed out of the factory on a PR run as it rattled so badly. Then the rattles seemed to come from the driver's side rear quarters around the side trim and the rear seat. I was delighted when my own one arrived and the only rattle it has is when I drive on seriously rough tracks off road and heavily pot holed back roads, which I accept as I think any car would develop a rattle under the same circumstances. On A roads and motorways though it has no rattles.

I wish you all good luck with getting them fixed.
(21-02-2012 06:44pm)dandavis1 Wrote: [ -> ]My car is currently at the dealers cos of all the rattles, but they're having trouble pinpointing and rectifying them. According to the dealer, they contacted LR for advice and LR said they hadn't had any reports of Evoques rattling.

Someone, somewhere is lying but I still have an infuriatingly rattley car.

Welcome to my world. My car is in at Stratstones in Cupar for their 5th attempt to find the rattles. FullFatTim has described my issue perfectly so it has to be
a design issue.

Starting to regret taking the gamble that everyone said it would be.
There is a guy on here who does work for LR finding rattles - I think his user id is rattleman. I'd suggest you PM him
I had a rattle in my first freelander 2 and after 2 attempts they found it, it was body panels expanding and contract therefor rubbing together at the bottom of the A piller. Was apperantly a design fault.

Also on the freelander there was a knocking coming from the N/S rear suspension, If it's coming from the rear get them to check that.
If they can't fix them, can I demand a full refund? After all, nowhere in the brochure does it mention that the car will come with rattles.
Good luck with that. I've already spoken to Land Rover and was told that it's down to my dealer to attempt best endeavour repairs within warranty scope. If they can't fix it then they may describe it as a cosmetic defect which is deemed to be acceptable.
(21-02-2012 10:37pm)dandavis1 Wrote: [ -> ]If they can't fix them, can I demand a full refund? After all, nowhere in the brochure does it mention that the car will come with rattles.

Just tell them you're going to take it to BBC watchdog and watch how quickly they change their attitude.

Also per my post above PM a user on here called Rattle-man.
The BMW E46 M3 was rattly car, the subwoofers rattled (fixed with rubber washers), the rear seat rattled. Some cars tend to have more than others Evil
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's