Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LR have had no reports of rattles
dandavis1

LR have had no reports of rattles

My car is currently at the dealers cos of all the rattles, but they're having trouble pinpointing and rectifying them. According to the dealer, they contacted LR for advice and LR said they hadn't had any reports of Evoques rattling.

Someone, somewhere is lying but I still have an infuriatingly rattley car.
21-02-2012 06:44pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
berlin2011

RE: LR have had no reports of rattles

Strange, mine has been in for three annoying rattles as well - they fixed one missed two and since then (6 weeks ago) I picked up two or three more.... Given their first attempt I was hoping for more reports before taking it back, seems I need to wait some more.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
21-02-2012 06:59pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Well I suppose it's a variation on the tale that we used to get from LR "Well sir, they are all like that"
Can you tell us where the rattles appear to be coming from - I ask because at the Unleashed event I had to ask the LR sales/PR people why they had allowed a car that rattled so much as the SD4 Dynamic Coupe that I spent an hour driving had been allowed out of the factory on a PR run as it rattled so badly. Then the rattles seemed to come from the driver's side rear quarters around the side trim and the rear seat. I was delighted when my own one arrived and the only rattle it has is when I drive on seriously rough tracks off road and heavily pot holed back roads, which I accept as I think any car would develop a rattle under the same circumstances. On A roads and motorways though it has no rattles.

I wish you all good luck with getting them fixed.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-02-2012 07:07pm by XFullFatTim.)
21-02-2012 07:00pm
tetstb

(21-02-2012 06:44pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  My car is currently at the dealers cos of all the rattles, but they're having trouble pinpointing and rectifying them. According to the dealer, they contacted LR for advice and LR said they hadn't had any reports of Evoques rattling.

Someone, somewhere is lying but I still have an infuriatingly rattley car.

Welcome to my world. My car is in at Stratstones in Cupar for their 5th attempt to find the rattles. FullFatTim has described my issue perfectly so it has to be
a design issue.

Starting to regret taking the gamble that everyone said it would be.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
(This post was last modified: 21-02-2012 07:11pm by tetstb.)
21-02-2012 07:10pm
WB
WB

There is a guy on here who does work for LR finding rattles - I think his user id is rattleman. I'd suggest you PM him
(This post was last modified: 21-02-2012 08:08pm by WB.)
21-02-2012 08:08pm
J77

I had a rattle in my first freelander 2 and after 2 attempts they found it, it was body panels expanding and contract therefor rubbing together at the bottom of the A piller. Was apperantly a design fault.

Also on the freelander there was a knocking coming from the N/S rear suspension, If it's coming from the rear get them to check that.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
21-02-2012 08:12pm
dandavis1

If they can't fix them, can I demand a full refund? After all, nowhere in the brochure does it mention that the car will come with rattles.
21-02-2012 10:37pm
tetstb

Good luck with that. I've already spoken to Land Rover and was told that it's down to my dealer to attempt best endeavour repairs within warranty scope. If they can't fix it then they may describe it as a cosmetic defect which is deemed to be acceptable.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
21-02-2012 11:00pm
WB
WB

(21-02-2012 10:37pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  If they can't fix them, can I demand a full refund? After all, nowhere in the brochure does it mention that the car will come with rattles.

Just tell them you're going to take it to BBC watchdog and watch how quickly they change their attitude.

Also per my post above PM a user on here called Rattle-man.
(This post was last modified: 22-02-2012 08:56am by WB.)
22-02-2012 08:56am
Sarcastrix

The BMW E46 M3 was rattly car, the subwoofers rattled (fixed with rubber washers), the rear seat rattled. Some cars tend to have more than others Evil

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
22-02-2012 09:43am