babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Forum addiction!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Addiction
I think I have become addicted to this forum! I have eons to wait for my car to arrive and this is not as long as some of you have had to wait. I spend time wondering if the colour and specification is correct and mulling over possible changes. Until I see my actual spec in the flesh this will continue. And I am spending an increasing amount of time on this forum soaking up the information it contains, anxiously awaiting information about others that may have my or a similar spec. I even read the more technical type posts even though I know I will not understand them (engines are for mechanics and I am certainly not one of them!). It all whiles away the time I suppose and helps make the wait bearable. So thanks everybody for sharing your experiences, even ones about problems and delays which I am praying will not affect me. And if anybody knows a good therapist can they let me know![/i]
(31-01-2012 07:30pm)MartinP Wrote: [ -> ]Addiction
I think I have become addicted to this forum! I have eons to wait for my car to arrive and this is not as long as some of you have had to wait. I spend time wondering if the colour and specification is correct and mulling over possible changes. Until I see my actual spec in the flesh this will continue. And I am spending an increasing amount of time on this forum soaking up the information it contains, anxiously awaiting information about others that may have my or a similar spec. I even read the more technical type posts even though I know I will not understand them (engines are for mechanics and I am certainly not one of them!). It all whiles away the time I suppose and helps make the wait bearable. So thanks everybody for sharing your experiences, even ones about problems and delays which I am praying will not affect me. And if anybody knows a good therapist can they let me know![/i]

Join the club I am exactly in the same predicament, and I am coming down to South Wales at the end of May, family wedding and I don't know if I will have mine by then or a bloody hire car, so yes this forum keeps me in touch the same as you with everything that is going on, its an addiction but a NICE ONE !!!
(31-01-2012 07:42pm)johnboy Wrote: [ -> ]Join the club I am exactly in the same predicament, and I am coming down to South Wales at the end of May, family wedding and I don't know if I will have mine by then or a bloody hire car, so yes this forum keeps me in touch the same as you with everything that is going on, its an addiction but a NICE ONE !!!

+1...
I check the forum far too often, I've thought about how I'll track the fuel consumption when it arrives and looked at all the detailing companies near where I'm moving to next week. I change the spec on the website config tool most days. I both look forward to the day I have to decide on the final spec and dread it having to make a decision!

The dealer said the car would arrive in June after ordering in January but I find that hard to believe so I'm preparing myself for a long wait.
I ordered mine in July and have checked this forum every single day since then!! Laughing
Snap. Welcome to the patience club, or should that be impatience.
Martin, glad you find it all useful, its such a big purchase you can justify all the time here as "due diligence".

Anyway - at 1 Day, 20 Hours, 15 Minutes, 24 Seconds, don't worry, you're really just a part-timer!

Grah (5 Days, 3 Hours, 14 Minutes, 16 Seconds!)
Pan!

Time Spent Online: 1 Month, 1 Week, 1 Day, 19 Hours, 2 Minutes, 7 Seconds
I'm approaching a whole week, don't consider it wasted time. It's as good as reading a good book.
That's a serious amount of time!

I thought XFullFatTim would beat that, but no, you're in front!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's