Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Forum addiction!
MartinP

Forum addiction!

Addiction
I think I have become addicted to this forum! I have eons to wait for my car to arrive and this is not as long as some of you have had to wait. I spend time wondering if the colour and specification is correct and mulling over possible changes. Until I see my actual spec in the flesh this will continue. And I am spending an increasing amount of time on this forum soaking up the information it contains, anxiously awaiting information about others that may have my or a similar spec. I even read the more technical type posts even though I know I will not understand them (engines are for mechanics and I am certainly not one of them!). It all whiles away the time I suppose and helps make the wait bearable. So thanks everybody for sharing your experiences, even ones about problems and delays which I am praying will not affect me. And if anybody knows a good therapist can they let me know![/i]

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
31-01-2012 07:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
johnboy

RE: Forum addiction!

(31-01-2012 07:30pm)MartinP Wrote:  Addiction
I think I have become addicted to this forum! I have eons to wait for my car to arrive and this is not as long as some of you have had to wait. I spend time wondering if the colour and specification is correct and mulling over possible changes. Until I see my actual spec in the flesh this will continue. And I am spending an increasing amount of time on this forum soaking up the information it contains, anxiously awaiting information about others that may have my or a similar spec. I even read the more technical type posts even though I know I will not understand them (engines are for mechanics and I am certainly not one of them!). It all whiles away the time I suppose and helps make the wait bearable. So thanks everybody for sharing your experiences, even ones about problems and delays which I am praying will not affect me. And if anybody knows a good therapist can they let me know![/i]

Join the club I am exactly in the same predicament, and I am coming down to South Wales at the end of May, family wedding and I don't know if I will have mine by then or a bloody hire car, so yes this forum keeps me in touch the same as you with everything that is going on, its an addiction but a NICE ONE !!!

On order, delivery May 2012 Fuji White SD4 Man, Tech Pack, Privacy Glass, Pano roof, Fogs, Lux Mats, power tailgate, puddle lamps, Auto dimming rear view mirror, 19" Style 4: Mud flaps: Xenons, rear camera: Dog Guard by Travall: Boot Liner. Delivered 29/05/12
31-01-2012 07:42pm
Kimv

(31-01-2012 07:42pm)johnboy Wrote:  Join the club I am exactly in the same predicament, and I am coming down to South Wales at the end of May, family wedding and I don't know if I will have mine by then or a bloody hire car, so yes this forum keeps me in touch the same as you with everything that is going on, its an addiction but a NICE ONE !!!

+1...

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
31-01-2012 08:31pm
Pommyboi

I check the forum far too often, I've thought about how I'll track the fuel consumption when it arrives and looked at all the detailing companies near where I'm moving to next week. I change the spec on the website config tool most days. I both look forward to the day I have to decide on the final spec and dread it having to make a decision!

The dealer said the car would arrive in June after ordering in January but I find that hard to believe so I'm preparing myself for a long wait.

On order: Feb 2012 - Pure, 5 door, SD4 auto, Style 4 wheels, Front parking, fog lights, rear camera, spare wheel. Red Contrast roof, Ebony- final spec TBC
31-01-2012 08:56pm
lulu101

I ordered mine in July and have checked this forum every single day since then!! Laughing

Delivered , Pure 5 door in fuji , SD4 Auto, 19" style 4 sparkle wheels, almond/espresso interior, tech pack, xenon headlights, fog lamps, rear camera, park assist, folding mirrors and mats, and last minute addition of Privacy Glass Very Happy
31-01-2012 09:09pm
Evo-king

Snap. Welcome to the patience club, or should that be impatience.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
31-01-2012 09:16pm
Grah

Martin, glad you find it all useful, its such a big purchase you can justify all the time here as "due diligence".

Anyway - at 1 Day, 20 Hours, 15 Minutes, 24 Seconds, don't worry, you're really just a part-timer!

Grah (5 Days, 3 Hours, 14 Minutes, 16 Seconds!)
31-01-2012 09:37pm
cjfp

Pan!

Time Spent Online: 1 Month, 1 Week, 1 Day, 19 Hours, 2 Minutes, 7 Seconds

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
31-01-2012 09:41pm
Evo-king

I'm approaching a whole week, don't consider it wasted time. It's as good as reading a good book.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
31-01-2012 09:44pm
Grah

That's a serious amount of time!

I thought XFullFatTim would beat that, but no, you're in front!
31-01-2012 09:47pm