babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Tracker ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Deciding whether to fit a Tracker, any viewsConfused:
I got one on my car. The Trackstar one supplied and fitted by LR. Pros and cons I suppose, but I like the extra peace of mind. It lowered my insurance too.

If you go for it I would recommend the Trackstar one. I decided on it because it is LR approved and know it won't interfere with any of the cars other electrical (or LR will fix it if it does!) I have heard stories about other brands causing phantom faults.
Can I ask how much the Trackstar costs?
These are cheap and easy to fit, it really depends on why you want a tracker if this option may be any use to you. If its only for your own peice of mind then this will do but if its for insurance reasons then a branded one may be better.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GPS-Tracker-No...3a6d768633

Pete
(28-01-2012 01:04pm)bell-auto-services Wrote: [ -> ]These are cheap and easy to fit, it really depends on why you want a tracker if this option may be any use to you. If its only for your own peice of mind then this will do but if its for insurance reasons then a branded one may be better.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GPS-Tracker-No...3a6d768633

Pete
Just for peace of mind, out of interest have you fitted anything.

Mike
(28-01-2012 12:34pm)leveller Wrote: [ -> ]Can I ask how much the Trackstar costs?

£399 for parts and fitting from LR. A further £429 for a lifetime subscription or its about £100 yearly. I opted for the lifetime one as the unit can be transferred to another car.
No mike I have not fitted a tracker or one of these from Ebay, if they want my car and they can either tow it away or get it started without towing it they can have it. I would not want it found if it were stolen as i would not want it back not knowing how it was driven.

I can track my car by other means of which I can not type here but as for a dedicated tracker to stop theft its not for me on the Evoque.

Pete
(28-01-2012 03:03pm)bell-auto-services Wrote: [ -> ]I would not want it found if it were stolen as i would not want it back not knowing how it was

+1

Although I do have one on my current car from the previous owner and I do save on insurance but have to pay a £100 odd each year for subscription but as I am a current subscriber I did have an offer of just £99 to have a tracker fitted to a new car - which seems very reasonable
I might look into some sort of tracker myself when my car arrives, more for reason if it was carjacked from me or wife with this keyless start....we might be able to get it back within day or to..who knows.
I also opted for the LR Trackstar which I negotiated a discount on.
I was tempted for an aftermarket system but like others I opted for the dealer fit system.
As it gives live updates of the cars location its far quicker on recovery than standard tracker that waits for the car to be located by the police.
Also with Trackstar you can set parameters on the system such as times of day and night and areas.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's