Shadow Alloys
Black Roof and Headlining
Privacy Glass
Delivered 27/1/12
28-01-2012 09:29am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mag1c_dragon

RE: Tracker ?

I got one on my car. The Trackstar one supplied and fitted by LR. Pros and cons I suppose, but I like the extra peace of mind. It lowered my insurance too.

If you go for it I would recommend the Trackstar one. I decided on it because it is LR approved and know it won't interfere with any of the cars other electrical (or LR will fix it if it does!) I have heard stories about other brands causing phantom faults.

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
28-01-2012 12:15pm
leveller

Can I ask how much the Trackstar costs?

5dr Evoque Dynamic Si4, OG. I love her, mostly.
28-01-2012 12:34pm
bell-auto-services

These are cheap and easy to fit, it really depends on why you want a tracker if this option may be any use to you. If its only for your own peice of mind then this will do but if its for insurance reasons then a branded one may be better.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GPS-Tracker-No...3a6d768633

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
28-01-2012 01:04pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mike

(28-01-2012 01:04pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  These are cheap and easy to fit, it really depends on why you want a tracker if this option may be any use to you. If its only for your own peice of mind then this will do but if its for insurance reasons then a branded one may be better.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GPS-Tracker-No...3a6d768633

Pete
Just for peace of mind, out of interest have you fitted anything.

Mike

Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Man
Red Black Leather
Pan Roof
Shadow Alloys
Black Roof and Headlining
Privacy Glass
Delivered 27/1/12
28-01-2012 02:02pm
Mag1c_dragon

(28-01-2012 12:34pm)leveller Wrote:  Can I ask how much the Trackstar costs?

£399 for parts and fitting from LR. A further £429 for a lifetime subscription or its about £100 yearly. I opted for the lifetime one as the unit can be transferred to another car.

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
28-01-2012 02:18pm
bell-auto-services

No mike I have not fitted a tracker or one of these from Ebay, if they want my car and they can either tow it away or get it started without towing it they can have it. I would not want it found if it were stolen as i would not want it back not knowing how it was driven.

I can track my car by other means of which I can not type here but as for a dedicated tracker to stop theft its not for me on the Evoque.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 28-01-2012 03:04pm by bell-auto-services.)
28-01-2012 03:03pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Firenze

(28-01-2012 03:03pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  I would not want it found if it were stolen as i would not want it back not knowing how it was

+1

Although I do have one on my current car from the previous owner and I do save on insurance but have to pay a £100 odd each year for subscription but as I am a current subscriber I did have an offer of just £99 to have a tracker fitted to a new car - which seems very reasonable

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
29-01-2012 12:05am
jewel-r

I might look into some sort of tracker myself when my car arrives, more for reason if it was carjacked from me or wife with this keyless start....we might be able to get it back within day or to..who knows.
29-01-2012 01:08am
PhilB

I also opted for the LR Trackstar which I negotiated a discount on.
I was tempted for an aftermarket system but like others I opted for the dealer fit system.
As it gives live updates of the cars location its far quicker on recovery than standard tracker that waits for the car to be located by the police.
Also with Trackstar you can set parameters on the system such as times of day and night and areas.

Prestige SD4 5 door manual, Firenze, vibe, style 4, adaptive dynamics, privacy, Hybrid tv, spare wheel, grey oak wood finisher, ebony headliner.
29-01-2012 08:22am