babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Power Folding Mirrors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone one know the procedure to disable the mirrors so they don't fold in when the car is locked?
According to my dealer and also in the manual, only the dealer can disable/enable the folding mirrors.
True, I read that in the manual. However there are some thing, like the seatbelt chime off shortcut that we can do ourselves without riding down to the dealership. Thanks for the reply.
Why - you not like the folding mirrors?
+1 ingrn36....i would'nt want the mirrors automatically going in and out everytime i locked either. I like to be able to have control over automatic functions such as these, and use them on command instead.
LR put them on deliberately that way, because when they first intorduced the keyless locking, people never knew if they had locked the car. If the mirrors fold, it tells that the car is locked.
(28-12-2011 11:49am)defender_uk Wrote: [ -> ]LR put them on deliberately that way, because when they first intorduced the keyless locking, people never knew if they had locked the car. If the mirrors fold, it tells that the car is locked.
I get in and out many times because of work. Some days I would like to turn it off. I don't like wearing out the motors. I mechanical and I know the more you work something the shorter the life. I like it at home but that is the one time that I don't lock it as it is in my garage. Very Happy
Has anyone had their dealer disable the power folding mirrors for lock/unlock? If yes, does your fold on demand function still operate?
I ask this, cause i had the dealer disable mine (as i did'nt want the auto fold on lock/unlock), but it has also taken out my fold on-demand button function, which i definately want. Dealer says it's all or nothing, but i'm not yet convinced as they have been ill-informed before on some things, and i'm hoping that a great Evoque worldwide forum such as this, will provide real world experience to prove them right or wrong, as we have done many times before.
(28-12-2011 11:49am)defender_uk Wrote: [ -> ]LR put them on deliberately that way, because when they first intorduced the keyless locking, people never knew if they had locked the car. If the mirrors fold, it tells that the car is locked.

Don't the lights blink with key-less locking?

Even if it's locked with a remote, how do you know afterwards that it's locked? I don't follow what the difference is.
(28-12-2011 01:23pm)lngrn36 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm mechanical and I know the more you work something the shorter the life....

Paranoid !
Keep using it as often as you can... Soon the made in china motor will burn out ... And guess what.. No more peptic ulcers from folding the mirrors. lol

Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's