Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Power Folding Mirrors
lngrn36

Power Folding Mirrors

Does anyone one know the procedure to disable the mirrors so they don't fold in when the car is locked?

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
27-12-2011 07:23pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LIONHEAD

RE: Power Folding Mirrors

According to my dealer and also in the manual, only the dealer can disable/enable the folding mirrors.
27-12-2011 08:01pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lngrn36

True, I read that in the manual. However there are some thing, like the seatbelt chime off shortcut that we can do ourselves without riding down to the dealership. Thanks for the reply.

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Climate package
Satellite Radio
27-12-2011 08:27pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Biker

Why - you not like the folding mirrors?

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
28-12-2011 05:52am
benzina

+1 ingrn36....i would'nt want the mirrors automatically going in and out everytime i locked either. I like to be able to have control over automatic functions such as these, and use them on command instead.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 28-12-2011 10:05am by benzina.)
28-12-2011 09:56am
defender_uk

LR put them on deliberately that way, because when they first intorduced the keyless locking, people never knew if they had locked the car. If the mirrors fold, it tells that the car is locked.

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
28-12-2011 11:49am
lngrn36

(28-12-2011 11:49am)defender_uk Wrote:  LR put them on deliberately that way, because when they first intorduced the keyless locking, people never knew if they had locked the car. If the mirrors fold, it tells that the car is locked.
I get in and out many times because of work. Some days I would like to turn it off. I don't like wearing out the motors. I mechanical and I know the more you work something the shorter the life. I like it at home but that is the one time that I don't lock it as it is in my garage. Very Happy

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Climate package
Satellite Radio
28-12-2011 01:23pm
benzina

Has anyone had their dealer disable the power folding mirrors for lock/unlock? If yes, does your fold on demand function still operate?
I ask this, cause i had the dealer disable mine (as i did'nt want the auto fold on lock/unlock), but it has also taken out my fold on-demand button function, which i definately want. Dealer says it's all or nothing, but i'm not yet convinced as they have been ill-informed before on some things, and i'm hoping that a great Evoque worldwide forum such as this, will provide real world experience to prove them right or wrong, as we have done many times before.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2012 02:34pm by benzina.)
03-03-2012 02:31pm
Donny Dog

(28-12-2011 11:49am)defender_uk Wrote:  LR put them on deliberately that way, because when they first intorduced the keyless locking, people never knew if they had locked the car. If the mirrors fold, it tells that the car is locked.

Don't the lights blink with key-less locking?

Even if it's locked with a remote, how do you know afterwards that it's locked? I don't follow what the difference is.
03-03-2012 03:23pm
invoke

(28-12-2011 01:23pm)lngrn36 Wrote:  I'm mechanical and I know the more you work something the shorter the life....

Paranoid !
Keep using it as often as you can... Soon the made in china motor will burn out ... And guess what.. No more peptic ulcers from folding the mirrors. lol

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
03-03-2012 04:00pm