babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: VIN number decode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My dealer told me my chassis number but just the last digits CHXXXXXX
I want to check it on TOPIx.

Anyone has a full VIN, corresponding to an EVOQUE PURE 4X4 150hp DIESEL manual gear box?
I just need the first digits before the "CHXXXXXX"
(24-10-2011 08:20pm)obleia Wrote: [ -> ]My dealer told me my chassis number but just the last digits CHXXXXXX

Anyone has a full VIN, corresponding to an EVOQUE PURE 4X4 150hp DIESEL manual gear box?

See the "putting some numbers on things" thread.
(24-10-2011 08:20pm)obleia Wrote: [ -> ]My dealer told me my chassis number but just the last digits CHXXXXXX

what i have ordered i was told they are not producing them at all until late november? can you shed any light?
Look at the Wiki info Pete has posted at the top of this forum. The document allows you to construct the VIN from the car spec and add your serial no.
It will be

SALVA +1 (if coupe) or 2 if 5 door +D (LHD, Manual) +B or C (B low power diesel, C low power diesel with DPF +@ (I'll explain @ below) + CHXXXXXX

ie SALVA1DC@CHXXXXXX would be a coupe LHD manual car with low power diesel and DPF

The @ is a check digit (0-9) which I don't know how they calculate so do the rest of the VIN and then try combinations 0-9 in turn till you get one the one that works.
And NEVER post your full VIN on any forum - it gives away so much info about the car and of course can be cloned into forged registration documents. Also Land Rover, like many car makers require a dealer's parts dept to provide a VIN before they will release certain parts. Goodness knows how many RRS HST front grilles LPR's demo car lost on the motorway..................... but you needed an HST kitted car's VIN to get hold of one when the kit first came out, now every accessory maker has a version in their range and for a lot less than LR sells them too. I had a Freelander 1 that I wanted a boot liner mat for, not the usual one but the full length one fitted to a Freelander Commercial built by LR Special Vehicles Division - couldn't get hold of one because my local dealer didn't hadn't sold a Freelander1 Commercial so had no Vin to order with.
(24-10-2011 09:29pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]And NEVER post your full VIN on any forum - it gives away so much info about the car and of course can be cloned into forged registration documents. Also Land Rover, like many car makers require a dealer's parts dept to provide a VIN before they will release certain parts. Goodness knows how many RRS HST front grilles LPR's demo car lost on the motorway..................... but you needed an HST kitted car's VIN to get hold of one when the kit first came out, now every accessory maker has a version in their range and for a lot less than LR sells them too. I had a Freelander 1 that I wanted a boot liner mat for, not the usual one but the full length one fitted to a Freelander Commercial built by LR Special Vehicles Division - couldn't get hold of one because my local dealer didn't hadn't sold a Freelander1 Commercial so had no Vin to order with.

thanks for the advice
Thanls I've found my car on Toppix, is SALVA2DC low power diesel, I've ordered an 150PS diesel, but on Topix says it's a 190PS!!

Engine: 2.2L CR DI 16V 14 DSL 190PS

How is this possible?
(24-10-2011 09:46pm)obleia Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for the advice
Thanls I've found my car on Toppix, is SALVA2DC low power diesel, I've ordered an 150PS diesel, but on Topix says it's a 190PS!!

Engine: 2.2L CR DI 16V 14 DSL 190PS

How is this possible?

All the diesel engines are built as 190 SD4's and only after allocation to a VIN number are they loaded up with the software that designates 150 or 190 in the engines ECU mapping- There is absolutly no difference between TD4 and SD4 engines- see this thread on freelander 2 (same engines) http://www.freel2.com/forum/post88892.html
Just been given my VIN..... But it has CE after Salva2.....not BC or BD..... What does this mean?

Incidentally, when I try to find in topix it says 'VIN not found'

Thanks

Update: have now read the wiki...... And understand what the letters mean!
Which wiki page rossy?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's