babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: TMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is peoples TMC reception like? Mine seems really weak and half the time is showing not receiving. I don't understand this, as Classic FM the carry in UK gives a good signal, I am listening to it on the Radio, and yet still a black box for the TMC...
Anyone else got any experience?

Also...how do you make this system search? In the RRS you could make the system search for a signal....doesn't seem to be any way to do so in the RRE.

Any ideas?
We don't get much in the way of TMC transmissions up here but on Thursday night driving over to Edinburgh twice it came up on the screen and offered an alternative route................. just kept on going, no sign of the first advisory but I found the second one and should have taken the suggested alternative route.
What I have found is RDS doesn't seem to be working, it was a pain in the butt driving in the evening and continually having the R4 news interrupted by Radio Scotland or Radio Clyde with their sports news over running into the traffic flashes but it was useful on a longer drive but so far I haven't heard it working with the Meridian radio.
Tim
had that too...have to retune between York and work in Aldershot...Sad
When I use DAB (which I am doing more than FM now) the retuning is seamless and also FM retunes seamlessly if I'm listening on that. I don't know if the DAB antenna is different or the antenna amplifier is better in the Evoque but I couldn't get DAB in this area in the FFRR or RRS, it's crystal clear even on my drive whereas there was only white noise in those two cars. Both trips to London I have only lost the DAB on the section between Teebay Services and the South Lakes, same as FM. RDS must be working on FM because I get the names of stations shown on the screening FM mode
oh ok.....yeah get the names up ok....not tried dab yet, as didn't have grt success in the RRS with it....
Give it a try, as I say earlier I have much better DAB reception in the Evoque than I had in the FFRR or RRS
ok...will.....need the tmc though....use that a lot...especially when i was back & forth from germany....
I've just been out to the car and looked at the settings for the RDS.................. traffic was switched off! which is why I wasn't getting the traffic flashes! When I switched that on the screen display changed to show AF and TA under the channel name EmbarrassedEmbarrassed
lol....better check mine then.....
anybody else with a weak TMC?

how can radio signal be strong, but the TMC weak?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's