Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TMC
defender_uk

TMC

What is peoples TMC reception like? Mine seems really weak and half the time is showing not receiving. I don't understand this, as Classic FM the carry in UK gives a good signal, I am listening to it on the Radio, and yet still a black box for the TMC...
Anyone else got any experience?

Also...how do you make this system search? In the RRS you could make the system search for a signal....doesn't seem to be any way to do so in the RRE.

Any ideas?

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
22-10-2011 05:30pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: TMC

We don't get much in the way of TMC transmissions up here but on Thursday night driving over to Edinburgh twice it came up on the screen and offered an alternative route................. just kept on going, no sign of the first advisory but I found the second one and should have taken the suggested alternative route.
What I have found is RDS doesn't seem to be working, it was a pain in the butt driving in the evening and continually having the R4 news interrupted by Radio Scotland or Radio Clyde with their sports news over running into the traffic flashes but it was useful on a longer drive but so far I haven't heard it working with the Meridian radio.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-10-2011 05:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
defender_uk

Tim
had that too...have to retune between York and work in Aldershot...Sad

Defender_uk

22-10-2011 06:00pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim

When I use DAB (which I am doing more than FM now) the retuning is seamless and also FM retunes seamlessly if I'm listening on that. I don't know if the DAB antenna is different or the antenna amplifier is better in the Evoque but I couldn't get DAB in this area in the FFRR or RRS, it's crystal clear even on my drive whereas there was only white noise in those two cars. Both trips to London I have only lost the DAB on the section between Teebay Services and the South Lakes, same as FM. RDS must be working on FM because I get the names of stations shown on the screening FM mode

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-10-2011 06:07pm
defender_uk

oh ok.....yeah get the names up ok....not tried dab yet, as didn't have grt success in the RRS with it....

Defender_uk

22-10-2011 06:15pm
XFullFatTim

Give it a try, as I say earlier I have much better DAB reception in the Evoque than I had in the FFRR or RRS

22-10-2011 06:17pm
defender_uk

ok...will.....need the tmc though....use that a lot...especially when i was back & forth from germany....

Defender_uk

22-10-2011 06:20pm
XFullFatTim

I've just been out to the car and looked at the settings for the RDS.................. traffic was switched off! which is why I wasn't getting the traffic flashes! When I switched that on the screen display changed to show AF and TA under the channel name EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

(This post was last modified: 22-10-2011 06:29pm by XFullFatTim.)
22-10-2011 06:28pm
defender_uk

lol....better check mine then.....

Defender_uk

22-10-2011 06:30pm
defender_uk

anybody else with a weak TMC?

how can radio signal be strong, but the TMC weak?

Defender_uk

23-10-2011 04:43pm