babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Adaptive Dynamics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Does use of AD mode lower fuel economy in any way?
I don't have it but I would have thought so as it (I believe) stays in lower gears for longer
(08-01-2012 12:03pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have it but I would have thought so as it (I believe) stays in lower gears for longer

I think that's only when you're using it in "Dynamic" mode.
If it does use more, it can't be much as the official figures are the same for Dynamic and Pure models.
Yes, you are absolutely correct - my brain was trying to function faster that it processes what was being read!

@Rossy100 - please ignore my stupid initial response!
(08-01-2012 12:09pm)cjfp Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you are absolutely correct - my brain was trying to function faster that it processes what was being read!

@Rossy100 - please ignore my stupid initial response!

I have just being reading the thread on mpg... not too happy as yet with Evoque giving me eee....28.5 mpg.... time to wait for the hybrid version...
Can AD be retrofitted after delivery? If so any idea of the cost?
No it cannot as it doesn't just control suspension but includes the Dynamic mode on the TR which also remaps the electronic steering system
Hello everyone, this will be my first post so before I'll ask the question I have I'll tell you how I got on this forum. I've ordered an Evoque about 2 weeks ago and I'm still in the process of making constant changes to my order. Until now I'm going for a white Prestige 5 door, SD4 manual, privacy glass, 20" style 6 and Spirit interior. While googling I stumbled on this forum and it has proven to be very helpful.

Now the question: does the option Adaptive Dynamics profit more from being combined with an automatic gearbox? Has the dynamic setting an effect on how the engine behaves? And if so, which kind of effect would it have on an engine that's linked to a manual gearbox? Basically what I'd like to know is: would I have the full benefit of the system if I took it on a manual SD4?
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and hoping to order a RRE soon and have the standard versus magnetic ride discussion every time we buy a new car so here's my past experience and hope it helps.

Audi TT MK2 3.2 on standard
Took the showroom model on launch. Engine very heavy and desperately needed adaptive ride. Standard suspension too firm over pot holes and too wollowy in corners. Adaptive softer around town, and great when pushing on. Wish I had it on mine.

Traded in for Z4 35i on adaptive
Best car I've ever bought and staying in my garage for a long time! The Z4 is interesting because the original Z4 was bone crunchingly firm to make it drive well on standard suspension only. The MKII on standard is much softer as they've marketed it for a more mixed market. The adaptive model has 3 modes. Normal is a little softer still, Sport slightly firmer than standard, and Sport+ a huge step firmer and even firmer than the original Z4! All modes out perform the standard suspension setup night and day, with Sport+ feeling so planted you feel every slightest change in road surface.

I know it's strange to post about other cars on this forum but i've had the Beemer for 2 years and people were asking about adaptive suspension over the long term. For anyone on the fence I say spec it as it will probably be better in both soft and firm modes than the standard suspension.

Concerning my own coming Evoque purchase, the jury is still out but only because I looking for an armchair cruiser to complement the beemer. The wife thinks the dynamic leather looks cheap and wants the prestige. Says I can have my auto if I agree to prestige. Hmmm, time will tell after a long term test drive Smile
(29-01-2012 12:04am)Kimv Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone, this will be my first post so before I'll ask the question I have I'll tell you how I got on this forum. I've ordered an Evoque about 2 weeks ago and I'm still in the process of making constant changes to my order. Until now I'm going for a white Prestige 5 door, SD4 manual, privacy glass, 20" style 6 and Spirit interior. While googling I stumbled on this forum and it has proven to be very helpful.

Now the question: does the option Adaptive Dynamics profit more from being combined with an automatic gearbox? Has the dynamic setting an effect on how the engine behaves? And if so, which kind of effect would it have on an engine that's linked to a manual gearbox? Basically what I'd like to know is: would I have the full benefit of the system if I took it on a manual SD4?

I have the adaptive dynamics fitted to my Prestige manual.
Think its important to clarify that adaptive dynamics is operational in all modes from normal to mud, sand etc.
It will make no difference whichever gearbox you have. Its all to do with having electronically controlled damping.
I came from an M sport BMW with runflats and the ride is certainly better. I cannot believe how flat mine handles and certainly on your better French roads I am certain you would find it superb.

Having the adaptive dynamics system fitted will give you an additional driving mode of "Dynamic" which is really very similar to a "sports" setting on other makes. On the manual the suspension firms up even more and the steering weights up giving a heavier feel.
I am told that on an automatic gearbox, selecting this mode will give you the same additional things as the manual but will also give longer gear "holds" in the auto box which again is the same as the "sport" button on BMW's etc.
Many road test reviews in the Uk said that if not already fitted the adptive dynamics suspension was a real must have to enhance the car.
Personally I am very pleased with it and find it perfectly good at giving a sports car feel without even resorting to the dynamic drive setting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Reference URL's