babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Adaptive Dynamics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Good choice, it'll be a more enjoyable ownership experience and you now know this also! Smile
Am I right in assuming there is no difference in the drive train/engine/transmission between a Dynamic and a Prestige with AD (obviously with the same engine/transmission).
What I'm trying to say is, that you don't have to order a Dynamic if you want Adaptive Dynamics as some people seem to think.
ANT
Wink
Basically AD is standard on a Dynamic and an optional extra on a Prestige,all the mechanicals are the same on both cars
(26-09-2011 07:58pm)ant Wrote: [ -> ]Am I right in ssumingthere is no difference in the drive train/engine/transmission between a Dynamic and a Prestige with AD (obviously with the same engine/transmission).
What I'm trying to say is, that you don't have to order a Dynamic if you want Adaptive Dynamics as some people seem to think.
ANT
Wink

Hi Ant,

Yes if you spec a Prestige with AD (Must be SD4 or Si4), you will have the same drive-train etc and the fancy suspension as the Dynamic, the Oxford leather of the prestige, just no body kit.
I have just realised that adaptive dynamics are not standard on the european spec Dynamic. Rolling Eyes I need to decide if i want to spec it or not.

After reading some threads on here its difficult to tell what opinion people have as its often based on short test drives.

As a few of you have prestiges and dynamics in the UK, what do you think long term
(both on having it or not), does it make much difference in day to day usage?

I have only drive a prestige on a short demo, without AD and like the smooth ride, but did notice a little body roll, and that was travelling around at 30mph.
I have written in depth on this forum the benefits of the AD system, see here....

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Dynamic-5...k-interior

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Adaptive-...2#pid16932
(10-10-2011 01:47pm)Spiderman Wrote: [ -> ]I have written in depth on this forum the benefits of the AD system, see here....

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Dynamic-5...k-interior

Thanks spiderman, hadn't seen that thread but nice to have a long term comparison. Will still need to give it a lot of thought, the roads down here are atrocious with pot wholes cracking etc, so is very bumpy, which with the prestige i tested hardly noticed it.

Been in an s-line audi with their equivalent and it was horrific, with the suspension crashing around all the time, hence my reservations.

Will see how much it costs as option first, as pretty much hit my limit on current spec as just changed order to the auto.
I did drive a Dynamic without Adaptive Dynamics on 20". (in Sweden Adaptive Dynamics is not standard on Dynamic). Compared for example with a BMW with sport or m-sport suspension the Evoque still had great comfort without AD where the BMW would feel rock hard. So its comfortable even without it. I did go for adding AD as I think it will be even better. If its not I will send a claim to spiderman! Wink
Thanks Hybris Laughing
(11-10-2011 08:09pm)hybris Wrote: [ -> ]I did drive a Dynamic without Adaptive Dynamics on 20". (in Sweden Adaptive Dynamics is not standard on Dynamic). Compared for example with a BMW with sport or m-sport suspension the Evoque still had great comfort without AD where the BMW would feel rock hard. So its comfortable even without it. I did go for adding AD as I think it will be even better. If its not I will send a claim to spiderman! Wink

I've also added it based on Spidermans review, so their will be a a bill in the post if its rubbish Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Reference URL's