babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Looks like i am stuck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi All,

First post on here, so firstly hi to all.

have a deposit with a dealer for a December build, and this is my last week before my build slot goes 'confirmed'. Unfortunatly i looks like i will be loosing Xenon on my order (pure). This is pretty poor, i am waiting for the dealer to come back to me after speaking to the factory, but from what i have read, it sounds like its a no go. What are other people doing about this ?, are they dropiing their build slots and hoping at a later date they can spec Xenon ?, i could be looking well into next year if i did that !.

I guess my main concern was what the lights look like when stitched off, from what i have seen the Halogen and the Xenon look pretty much identical when off ?. Not a great fan of DRL so wont miss those...

Also on a slightly different note, if i loose the lights i might go for keyless entry, does anyone know how you lock the car ?, do you still need to use the key-fob button ?. I would have thought just waiting away would not work as the car could be out of sight before you get far enough for it to lock ?

Thanks !
(10-10-2011 12:23pm)Pedalpower Wrote: [ -> ]Also on a slightly different note, if i loose the lights i might go for keyless entry, does anyone know how you lock the car ?, do you still need to use the key-fob button ?. I would have thought just waiting away would not work as the car could be out of sight before you get far enough for it to lock ?

WRG to keyless locking. There is a touch pad on the door handle that you press to lock and then that's it! You just walk away.
To open or close the car using Keyless you simply press the drivers door handle or you can still use the key buttons if preferred.

Can't comment on the lights, but I believe there is a thread on this subject already on here.
when did you place your order?
You don't even have to touch the touch pad to open the doors, just pull the pull and the door opens, touch the ridges to lock it though
(10-10-2011 12:23pm)Pedalpower Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All,

First post on here, so firstly hi to all.

have a deposit with a dealer for a December build, and this is my last week before my build slot goes 'confirmed'. Unfortunatly i looks like i will be loosing Xenon on my order (pure). This is pretty poor, i am waiting for the dealer to come back to me after speaking to the factory, but from what i have read, it sounds like its a no go. What are other people doing about this ?, are they dropiing their build slots and hoping at a later date they can spec Xenon ?, i could be looking well into next year if i did that !.

I guess my main concern was what the lights look like when stitched off, from what i have seen the Halogen and the Xenon look pretty much identical when off ?. Not a great fan of DRL so wont miss those...

Also on a slightly different note, if i loose the lights i might go for keyless entry, does anyone know how you lock the car ?, do you still need to use the key-fob button ?. I would have thought just waiting away would not work as the car could be out of sight before you get far enough for it to lock ?

Thanks !
I would be interested to see what your dealer comes back with regarding the xenons? My dealer confirms that I still have xenons on my order due to go into build on 28th Oct. I know you can't now spec them on new pure orders, but so far I don't know of any xenons being removed off an existing order........ yet!
Hi,

I put down my deposit a month or so back and the build slot if for December (i use a fairly small dealer, that prior to the launch had some December slots still un-allocated), so expecting a jan delivery... but who knows !. When i was planning on ordering i called round various dealers to find a build slot this side of the new year, most where quoting May next year delivery !.

when i spoke to another dealer regarding the lights, they said they had seen it was removed from the configuration, but they had not had any official comms from LR about it. I was thinking maybe you can still order them if you ask the dealer (as its still on their order systems to the factory) but by removing them from the configurator it may reduce demand, but not disapoint people who have already ordered/spec'd it ?.... or maybe this is wishful thinking ! haha

I might just go with the Halogen, save 750 and may even go for kelyess entry !
You could always fit more powerful bulbs. I received this email a couple od days ago.

[Image: ScreenShot2011-10-10at134533-1.png]
Hi,

Thanks for the info, yes, i was thining that also, tbh i was more worried about how the lights look when switched off !, strange as it sounds, its not aways the case that halogen lamps look the same, but from what i have seen the Halogens look the same, appart from the DRL. I saw auto express did a bulb review and some phillips came top, with what they say, give the same amount of light as Xenon.
IIRC the Xenons situation was not applicable to orders placed after the 3rd week of September, so if you ordered "a couple of months ago" you should still get them. If you only ordered in the last couple of weeks then they were not even an option
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's