babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum

Full Version: Evoque v Merc v Q5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Sorry if already mentioned elsewhere on the forum but today's Auto Express tests the Evoque against a Mercedes C250 Coupe and a 3.0 TDi Q5 and it trounces both of themCool
Good stuff!!!
Wicked!
Is this a web article or a magazine...

Edit found it...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/...ivals.html
Magazine, but you might find it on the AutoExpress website too as they often publish their road tests there as well

EDIT - it is online here http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/...ivals.html

If you click on the side bar where there are pictures of the two different cars it links you through to a more thorough test report too
Auto Express seemed to be "unimpressed" with actual fuel economy. I know actual economy is always likely to be less than the manufacturer's quoted figures, and that Auto Express were doing performance tests. However the Evoque's economy seemed to be suffering a lot more than the other two cars on test. Any thoughts??
The Evoque's engine has less power and torque than both the other cars and I would imagine it was probably heavier than them too
To be fair, It seems to me that the Merc beat the Evoque on evrything but style (and boot opening)....

Also about the Audi and it's suspension.. Maybe they should should have chosen one with Audi Drive Select, so you could change suspension setting like on the Evoque. But it would have beaten the Q5 anyway (if nothing else, on oure style)...

Where are BMW X3 and Volvo XC60?
I've just used the Audi configuration to create the closest Q5 I can make to an Evoque Dynamic 5 Door - so that is a Q5 2.0TDi (a little down on power -170bhp - and torque compared the 2.2 SD4) Auto Quattro SE with as close to a Dynamic spec as I can get......... most of what comes as standard on the Evoque is extra on the Audi - Q5 comes in at £53188. I was amazed that a black cloth headlining is £118 extra on the Audi, Pano roof -£1200.
(05-10-2011 09:44pm)XFullFatTim Wrote: [ -> ]Magazine, but you might find it on the AutoExpress website too as they often publish their road tests there as well

EDIT - it is online here http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/...ivals.html

If you click on the side bar where there are pictures of the two different cars it links you through to a more thorough test report too

Tim I find this article accurate. I have had lots of time on my hands recently to check the Audi Q5Sad and the ML350 Blutec Very Happy. Both of these SUV do not have the looks and appeal of the Evoque, but on the comfort side and interior amneties, they exceed the Evoque. Especially the ML350 with its Blutec V6 diesel engine which pushes the heavy merc without effort in a silky smooth fashion and without any noticeable noise. The Blutec has tons of torque and promises fuel efficiency of the order of 32mpg highway and mid 20s city! The MY12 ML350 interior makes up for the unpressive exterior design, albeit improved from the previous generation. Dollar for dollar, the merc comes better equipped with a bigger engine than the evoque. Merc Offroading capability is also very impressive. So while Range Rover Canada is still trying to figure out the Evoque selling price details, and availability of the car remains elusive, I have fallen for the ML350. Big Cry
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's